Adjusting scope for range

Just how good are those Horus Vision riflescopes? I see them advertised and they say you can make 1500 yd 1 shot hits. The reticle does look intimidating, thats an understatement to me. They do look really cool though.

The Horus vision is like any other tool. It has its strong points and weak. It is rapidly dominating the tactical matches were shots can be from a 1000 yards to 20 yards very rapidly.

Due to being handicapped I don't compete in matches. I love to hunt hogs at long range. In South East Texas we have a major hog problem. I have taken 31 from one 400 acre pasture. I have a two story shooting trailer with two rotating shooting benches on top. Since my targets may be from 50 to 1000 yards I have found the Horus with the palm pilot,and Kestrel wind meter to be the ultimate combination. The Horus ballistic program in the palm pilot gives me the info for which wire to use in seconds. No math, no clicks for windage or elevation. Once you get use to them. They are just like a road map. Go down four blocks turn left .5 block.

I have used leupolds for years. They are history for my purposes. There light gathering ability is second to none.Have even made head shots at 200 yards at night with no artificial light. I have a 1 million candle power lightforce shooting light ready to go on any of my rifles.

The huge hog population gives me year round test media for my loads and equipment. If we ever get through with hurricane Rita clean up I hope to take a hog at 500 plus yards at night. I have been practicing at night and able to shoot 4" groups at 500 yards with my custom 308.

Most fellow shooters turn away when they look through any of my Horus scopes but with a little range time they quickly change there minds. I like to think of them as a scope with a GPS.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.