NF 20moa base

eferry

I have a Sendero Rifle and really want to go with the NF 20MOA 1 piece base.

With this rifle, can anyone tell me if I need to have any drilling/tapping done to the rifle for the NF base to fit properly

EF

Guys, I do the same thing my self. Now you do also use a release agent right?
I use a release agent on all metal parts, screw in only one end, the one that makes better contact and tighten up a bit after putting the screws in on the other end just for alighment but totally loose, wipe the excess off and let dry. After about 7 hours I barely finger tight the other end and let it fully cure. After that I give it the right torque knowing that it'll be completely flat, no stress induced and I will be able to remove it any time. Even though there is release agent there will still be a sucking sort of action that helps it hold better and the screws will un-screw. :)

Mr Eaglet, I do not use release agent anymore on the base. I do however on the screws. I , like Sendero man, use JB weld. I use the quick set (15 min) I use johnsons floor wax on the threads. Apply a thin coat of JB and fully but evenly tighten it down. I then clean the excess off with a small piece of wood ( tooth pic or wood match) and wipe with a rag and carb cleaner to get a perfect clean line at the mating surfaces. After a few hours or the next day I retorque the screws. I have found it is not a huge deal to clean up the parts after a removal. I have one of those rust remover pads sold especially for removing rust from a rifle. (silver and looks like a pot scrubber) These thing are cool, then will not scratch the bluing, but will remove the epoxy with the aid of a little carb cleaner. I like the idea of the base being glued into place. This process may not work for everyone but I like it.

Jeff

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.