2022 Meat Pole

Great thread. Enjoyed seeing all the great memories. Here is my contribution.

Colorado August archery ram, 23 years after my first one. Shot distance 38 yards.

October roundball CO buck, shot distance 20 yards.

Kansas archery buck, early Nov. shot distance 14 yards.

Very blessed on a great fall. Got to enjoy all 3 hunts with my son. My daughter actually was able to come assist on the ram pack out.
Wow you're having a dream season! Cool that you're using multiple types of weapons as well. Congrats!

Opening weekend with my oldest.
86BB4666-C277-461A-978C-5454D541E797.jpeg

Great thread. Enjoyed seeing all the great memories. Here is my contribution.

Colorado August archery ram, 23 years after my first one. Shot distance 38 yards.

October roundball CO buck, shot distance 20 yards.

Kansas archery buck, early Nov. shot distance 14 yards.

Very blessed on a great fall. Got to enjoy all 3 hunts with my son. My daughter actually was able to come assist on the ram pack out.
Awesome bucks and ram !!!
Congratulations!

Steve. I forgot to say both buck and cow were shot with 180 Hammer Hunter in a 300 win mag. Buck only 147 yds. Uphill quartering away shot. Took of top of liver and excited below spine behind left shoulder. DRT. THE Cow was 264 yds. Left shoulder and lungs. I didn't find an exit hole. I just wanted to get it cut up and get out quick. Poke head up every couple minutes to look for griz . 😳😉
I didn't tell you last year but used a 124 Hammer Hunter in a 6.5 PRC on a nice Ca. Muley buck and 3 whitetail doe's here. All DRT.

Beartooth's. Near Cody. Up North Fork of Shoshone River. 11 miles from Yellowstone. Elk was in South Fork at Bobcat Hulihan where two guys got munched by Grizzley about month ago. Lot of griz in North and South Fork. It gets spooking while cutting up animal pack out. 😳
Nice. I hunt a little south of there, in the Wyoming range. Getting more bears down our way in the last few years too, not as bad as up there yet though.

Nice. I hunt a little south of there, in the Wyoming range. Getting more bears down our way in the last few years too, not as bad as up there yet though.
Yeah they're coming your way. Too over populated with them. I'm sure wolves heading your way. I haven't hunted Wyoming/Salt River range since 1988 when I was a non resident. Hunted Greys River area out of Afton. Would love to go back for the opening Sept season when they are bached up. Buddy here hunted with a guide there this year. Shot nothing.
You ever want to hunt up here from Cody to Yellowstone, North and South Fork, Carter Mtn. Etc.. I'll help you 👍🏼

Last edited: