2022 Meat Pole

Yeah they're coming your way. Too over populated with them. I'm sure wolves heading your way. I haven't hunted Wyoming/Salt ever range since 1988 when I was a non resident. Hunted Greys River area out of Afton. Would love to go back for the opening Sept season when they are bached up. Buddy here hunted with a guide there this year. Shot nothing.
You ever want to hunt up here from Cody to Yellowstone, North and South Fork, Carter Mtn. Etc.. I'll help you 👍🏼
I'll keep that in mind! And ya, we already have wolves here.....I need to get up there and hunt them. This was taken at 10,000 ft+ elevation, nowhere near a trail. That ain't no house dog track.....

20180731_085638.jpg

Welp I havnt lost a buck in 20 years with a center fire but the big 5x5 with trash or bonus points was unfindable... about 5 beds found like the one pictured but we just couldn't locate him. Pretty **** disappointing. I passed alot of 150 class in the hopes of shooting a big boy and I did but I guess the shots just weren't what I thought.

Attachments

• 20221116_103653.jpg
    20221116_103653.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 146
Welp I havnt lost a buck in 20 years with a center fire but the big 5x5 with trash or bonus points was unfindable... about 5 beds found like the one pictured but we just couldn't locate him. Pretty **** disappointing. I passed alot of 150 class in the hopes of shooting a big boy and I did but I guess the shots just weren't what I thought.
Man that's a real bummer. Hopefully he either heals up or someone else finds him.

Oh man, that is very disappointing. I know how you feel since I have been there done that. For most who hunt, they will experience this at some point in their hunting life. Empathy for you brother.