2022 Meat Pole

Wife got her first big game hunt and we managed to tag her out on the first day!
Arizona 18a late rifle bull.
650 yard shot! REM 700 in 7mm rem mag.
Was a great hunt, and because we got done on day 1, we spent the rest of the week helping other hunters and got to be in on two other exciting and successful bull hunts!
Congrats to the lady hunter and to you for being there for her success.

Wife got her first big game hunt and we managed to tag her out on the first day!
Arizona 18a late rifle bull.
650 yard shot! REM 700 in 7mm rem mag.
Was a great hunt, and because we got done on day 1, we spent the rest of the week helping other hunters and got to be in on two other exciting and successful bull hunts!
Very nice ! congrats! Hard to find big bulls with antlers not broken up in late season. My 4B late season bull opens the 25th. Leaving Tue..

Great thread. Enjoyed seeing all the great memories. Here is my contribution.

Colorado August archery ram, 23 years after my first one. Shot distance 38 yards.

October roundball CO buck, shot distance 20 yards.

Kansas archery buck, early Nov. shot distance 14 yards.

Very blessed on a great fall. Got to enjoy all 3 hunts with my son. My daughter actually was able to come assist on the ram pack out.
Look like your muley has some whitetail in him . Even has small ears.
Just saying. 😉

Monster Tom's, do your Colorado bears score good skull wise? Those three bears what did they square? 6'3" to 6'9" are my guess's. I am a predator hunter 1st, coyotes, wolves, bears, lions…. For a long time now. Started out on red fox in the old country.😳👍🇺🇸🍺🤝 Here in Mondamtana we get to see Grizz, just can't hunt them, yet.

@BigChicken

Great harvest! That guy has some interesting growth above the brow. Looks like he was a warrior!
He really was. He was a little broken at the top on one side. The base of his antlers had scrapes and scars from other antlers, which I thought was cool. His hide had a number of antler wounds as well.
It was a great hunt with just enough suspense, frustration, strategy, good times with friends new and old, and ultimate success!

Missouri youth season, Son's first deer. 6.5cm at 200yds.
F8D8F40D-E019-4904-9CF5-90074151354E.jpeg

I just watched a really big bodied 8 pt whitetail buck breeding mule deer does here at home yesterday. So who knows, that country also has a lot of overlap so anything is possible out there.
That's what usually happens when it does. Whitetail bucks are more aggressive than muley bucks. I've seen a couple here that I'd think were hybrids . Thanks !

Recent Posts