2015 Antelope Group hunt/shoot area has been set.

Well count me out then. I will miss meeting people but I thought this was going to be a group hunt. Now killing something is not that important to me but I enjoy the hunting experience. Kind of like chasing girls, it is the thrill of the chase whether you bag one or not. Since it seems like tags might become a problem it has been changed to a hunt/shoot. I bet by the time it is over it is just a shoot. I hope I am wrong and everybody who wants a tag gets one. If it is just a shoot it would be better to do it when it doesn't interfere with other hunts. It is a pretty area but I have very similar areas within 100 miles of my house so I will not give up my hunts to go out of state and do exactly what I can here at home.

I really appreciate what you are trying to do Tikkamike. This is not a negative remark on you and what you are trying to do what so ever rather it is just my reasons for choosing not to go at this time.

That's fine and it may not work out. But I'm not dragging people out for a crap tag and limited public access. I have hunted both kinds of areas and to me it's worth the chance of not drawing rather than fighting the public/private battle

Mike,
You know I'll be there if I'm not out of state working. I'll bring the camper for extra beds if people need them. Tag or not, have guns and ar500 plates... Will travel!
Ben

I would show up. even without a tag. Showed the pics to my wife and she thinks the area is beautiful. We would hang aronund Yellowstone for a few days and then stop by, just to see the action.gun)

I'll be in Wheatlend Oct 17th. We (my daughter and I) are hunting lopes in 103. It would be a pretty good hike from there over to where you all are hunting. It sure would be a hoot to ring a little steel with you fellers though. Good luck everyone. Hopefully the group hunt will be a success.

As fun as that sounds, it's long way from unit 9 as well. I will have some steel with me in Lusk the first week of October though if anyone knows of a good place to shoot near there and wants to meet up. It will be my first western hunt and my stepdad's first time hunting Wyoming.

Too bad we are a couple weeks apart. 9 and 103 aren't too far apart. Good luck to you and your stepdasd.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.