2015 Antelope Group hunt/shoot area has been set.

Re: Gauging interest in a wyoming long range antelope group hunt

Jeff, I am thinking area 67, its not the best of all worlds but it is a very cool area and some good landscape for hunting and shooting. here is a link to the exact place I am thinking for camp. It is called castle gardens. It is going to put us about 2.5 hours south of cody so being able to run into town for a steak wont be a possibility. The dates on this area are September 20-October 22 so that should work well for most people I think. its area 67
https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...&fr=&fr2=piv-web&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

good looking area. Looks like a lot of rocks that need to be shot...Bet we could find a couple of goats too. bruce

What is the deadline for applying? I need to get my poo in a group on this or I will get busy and forget.
If this info has been posted I apologize because I just reread thru all the posts and cant find it.

Major change for non resident applicants this year. For deer and antelope the new end date is June 1. Love the look of the area chosen. I was looking at the draw odds. That doesn't look good. Like 1 in 20. For non residents for DOES. Double that for bucks. Resident is less than 1 in 3 for residents. Anyplace with better draw odds? Bruce

Come up with the best functional area for both non resident /resident and I will be there if drawn.

Just set a date, under which party name . I most likely will be staying in a tenant or camping under a rock, lol.

Just come up with something soon.

The area has been chosen. it will be area 67 not a lot of tags but its a great area and anyone who happens to draw a buck tag has a good chance at a great buck. Those of us who dont draw can just camp and shoot rocks and steel. the dates are the same for buck and doe tags so put in for 1 or both. When draw results come out we will set some dates that work best for everyone who drew.

Anyone who needs help with applications feel free to PM me
Also anyone with a lot of nonresident points who wants to apply I believe you can help those with fewer points by starting a party (they are limited to 6 people i believe) I am not for sure that is how it works but I think it is.

By picking unit 67 it's doubtful that anyone will draw a tag for a doe, as only 5 tags were issued in the regular NR draw last year and there were 114 first choice applicants for those 5 tags! Max NR PPs for a buck tag in the draw this year is 9 and last year in the regular NR PP Draw it took 6PPs for even a 56.52% chance of drawing and 7PPs for a 100% chance. The outing will be great for the camaraderie intended, but I don't believe there will be anyone hunting antelope down there in that great unit unless they have the luck of a megaball winner the way the draws work!

Sounds like an awesome time but with the dates chosen I doubt I can attend. In Sept. I plan on chasing bugling bulls with my bow here in NM, the first part of Oct. my daughters hopefully will be chasing elk with the muzzle loaders, then the end of Oct. is the muzzle loader deer hunt. So will have to wait to see if the draw here is good to me. I would rather be eating elk than rock soup. :D

You you folks need to be looking into 23 or 22 area.

The area chosen is 67, the reason for that is it is a high quality area with LOTS of BLM. Trophy quality is high and so are herd numbers. It is centrally located for most of the residents and its an area a few of us know well. I realize draw odds arent great which is why earlier in the thread we decided to make it a hunt and a shoot with rocks and steel and a way to get to know eachother. The other reason I chose that irea is anyone who does happen to get doe tags will be able to hunt the entire area and not just within 1/2 mile of irrigated land as many of the areas with better drawing odds require. In short I chose quality over quantity knowing that even if we are just shooting rocks and steel its still going to be a heck of a good time. and we wont be fighting property boundaries. Not to mention 67 is a very pretty area.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.