2012 Long Range Shoots in Townsend Montana

We're loaded up and I procured a Shilo Sharps smoke pole this evening, I was going to Krylon my ol ugly 270 WSM but I forgot so I'll shoot it in all it's glory :D

Looking forward to get rid of some cabin fever and take it out on some steel gun)

Awesome, I will load up my steel early and get there to set up. Looks like we are going to have a nice turn out. Cool!!

Didnt get any 338 LM's loaded so it wil be 300 win for me and a few from the 6 br.

MT4XFore, would be great to have you join us!! Its at the Indian Creek range.

Check our www.BRGCMT.com for map and directions.

See ya all in the morning!!

Jeff gun)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff, Thanks for the shoot. What a wonderful place to pop caps a long ways off. It was a bunch of fun. Hope to see you again soon. (I like the 5 gal. bucket idea LOL).

Jim

Jeff, Thanks for the shoot. What a wonderful place to pop caps a long ways off. It was a bunch of fun. Hope to see you again soon. (I like the 5 gal. bucket idea LOL).

Jim

Jim, Thanks for coming down. It was great meeting and talking rifles with you. Man how about the weather?? What a great day. I took a pic of the fox when we pulled the targets. I will post it tomorrow, Holy cow did that little guy take a beating. :D

Thanks to all that came! A great way to start the season off!

Jeff

OK, here is the pic as we found the fox that was at 620 yards.

DSC03600Small.jpg

Here is the other side. My hurry up make shift fox hanger almost made it through the day. But I am thinking the fox is going to have a little pelt damage. :D

DSC03601Small.jpg

Last edited:
The fox was a very fun target, I was surprised how small it was when we picked it up, through the scope it looked about coyote size but it's really about the size of a fox! gun)Now I don't have a good excuse for missing a coyote sitting at 640yrds :rolleyes:

Hey guys, just a reminder the 2nd shoot is this Saturday. I will be clearing brush on friday so the 1000 yards burm and 700~800 yards target will be more visable. Also I will have at least two life sized animal targets up for the shoot. Maybe three if I get time.

The forecast as of today is 73 and sunny with 0 % chance of rain.

See ya there

Jeff

Well, I finished a lifesized antelope target tonight. Complete with a 10" AR500 plate in the vital zone. The plate is mounted with rubber belting and I hopeit will fly back showing a hit.

He aint much to look at but he should be fun..... if he lasts very long.:)

Jeff

DSC03709Small.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.