2012 Long Range Shoots in Townsend Montana

Jeff, thanks for hosting another real nice shoot. It was a great day to be shooting long range.

Here's a pic of my hard-chargin' 308....grin. Rem700 Varmint, HTG, and a Bushy 10X I've been playing with to get a feel for the mil/mil system. It's a different feel for someone steeped in moa, but seems easy enough to transition to with a bit of trigger time.

CopyofP5120005.jpg

Was launching 208gr AMax at 2600 fps. Overall an accurate and hard hitting 308 load. Between Jeff and I we smoked a couple clay birds on the 1K berm.

CopyofP5120005.jpg

Was launching 208gr AMax at 2600 fps. Overall an accurate and hard hitting 308 load. Between Jeff and I we smoked a couple clay birds on the 1K berm.

We did indeed. And this was off a mono pod Shane is testing and wanted me to try. Now these 4" clay birds were not all one shot hits. But all misses were with in 1 moa.or less. Pretty darn amazing. If Shane takes a liking to a rifle and spends much time with it, it will be a safe bet he will have it shoting.

It was a great time Shane, I alway enjoy shooting with you Thanks for coming.

Jeff

The rifle/load was doing it's part, and I had nailed down pretty good repeatable mil-based data points at 600, 750, 850, and 1000 yards.

By the time we shot the goat and deer, I think I failed to recognize a wind change, and was over-correcting for it. Very good reality check though.

With the current dryness and high fire risks, I have decided to cancel the Long Range Shoot scheduled for Saturday July 14th. The recent fire in the area caused by gunfire is a pretty good indicator we could have a problem. So at this time the Long Range shoots are on hold with hopes of some rain so we can still hold our shoot August 11th.

Thank You

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.