200gr. berger hybrid 3006

gohring3006

I thinking of running some 200 -208 grn. Berger hybrids in my 06. I was wondering if my standard rcbs dies will seat them or do I need a different setup if so what should I get? Also I was wondering what powder is working for those hybrids my magazine only allows me to load to 3.34in oal.

Take your die apart and check and see if the Berger bullets nose bottoms out in the seater stem cup. If it does RCBS will build you a custom seating stem to fit the bullet. I'm getting a couple made for the 215gr Berger to use in my RCBS dies. Send them a email and they should bring you up to speed.

RL 17 works very well with the 190gr Berger at 3.345 in the 06.

You should be fine with "standard" dies. As far as powder goes you may enjoy H4831SC, YMMV. Something around that burn rate would also be a good choice. Personally, I have found H4831sc to be what my rifle prefers for the 230g Berger OTM. I can get it to 2515fps, but found the top accuracy node to be right around 2,450fps using 56.5g of H4831SC. Again, YMMV.

Take your die apart and check and see if the Berger bullets nose bottoms out in the seater stem cup. If it does RCBS will build you a custom seating stem to fit the bullet. I'm getting a couple made for the 215gr Berger to use in my RCBS dies. Send them a email and they should bring you up to speed.
thanks for the reply now I'm wondering about the custom seating stem cause I was thinking about the 215s also so I hope if I have one made for the 200s that it will also work for the 215s

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.