Berger Hybrid question

mrb1982

I have some 180 berger hybrid target bullets coming for my 7RM. I have done some seating depth tests with 168 VLD's, and. 040 off the lands is my most accurate. Can I use that depth again or will changing bullets change the prime seating depth? I know these hybrids are less sensitive but I am looking for some input from some experienced people with them. If u have any threads to any old treads with good info about it that would be great also as my search function isnt working properly on my tablet at the moment. Seems from what I have read thus far, some people run seating tests, some just load to magazine length and start finding a charge. It is a Remington Sendero 7RM for what its worth. Thanks for any info you can give me.

I just finished up load development in my 7rem mag with 180 hybrids. I had a load with the 168s also at 40 thou off and with the 180 they like being 5 to 10 thou off.

I just finished up load development in my 7rem mag with 180 hybrids. I had a load with the 168s also at 40 thou off and with the 180 they like being 5 to 10 thou off.

Crap, I was hoping I could skip a step. hahahaha

Also, I usually load minimum loads not to waste powder for my seating depth tests. I am shooting H1000 and they are saying minimum loads are 63.2gr. That seems pretty low. I am sure that would be alright but it just seemed kinda low. You got a better charge you use by any chance?

I would start load development with my seater die where it is at. I would shoot a ladder to find a good node, and load some up right in the middle of that node. I would test these for group size, then decide if I want to play with seating depth. I prefer not too use different seating depths for different bullets if I don't have too.

With standard VLDs in my rig, I went up to 71 grains of H1000, but felt it was getting too much pressure. That would definitely be my max in my rig with my chamber.

Retumbo may be worth at look as well. 67 grains to 69 grains would be where I would try.

With standard VLDs in my rig, I went up to 71 grains of H1000, but felt it was getting too much pressure. That would definitely be my max in my rig with my chamber.

Retumbo may be worth at look as well. 67 grains to 69 grains would be where I would try.

Yeah maybe I will start at 68 for seating depth purposes and the after that testing I will move up from there. I have yet to find a load with this chamber yet that hasn't went 1.5gr over max with no pressure signs. Wit the 168's I actually got better accuracy with the hotter the charges went

got them in the mail yesterday. Can't wait till I have some time to start doing some work with them

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts