2000yard MOAG pics

man, that thing must hump it to 1K then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I guess my brain loses calibration with anything over 30cal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Never done anything with a 338...can you tell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dont know about drill bits, but D&B supply is Diane and Bill shehanes business

[/ QUOTE ]

Here in Boise D&B Supply is a giant farm store with 3 or 4 locations and they sell tools and western wear and little baby chicks and bunnies in the spring and garden stuff and stock tanks and so on. Guess it's not the same group of people.

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure what you mean. (ranging from a central point)

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering if you set your target in the pit then backed up 1K then turned with the target to your back and ranged your buddys truck and had them stop at 1k from you.

I was mostly curious because I know that even the leica 1200 has something like a 5% margin of error at +800 yards.

E mail [email protected]

Oh, I see what you mean. No, we don't do that becuase with the Wild, there's no need to. It will range 2k very easy. Of course, it is in meters though so we times everything by 1.094 to put it into yards.
There is a margin of error with it and all other methods of ranging, but we usually try to go a tad over what we need just to make sure!

4ked horn,

I can see how you would confuse two companies that have the same name. Especially when they are selling things like custom actions, match grade barrels, oh and over in the corner we have our pick of the litter chicks and bunnies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL

LiteTac

Hardee har har (wise guy). I was thinking that Mr. shehane was the owner of The store chain AND an avid shooter. Thats all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Do you guys think Southern States Farm & Garden carries those rifles in my area? Incredible Shooting----had no idea such a thing was possible even for the military. Makes ya wonder what they can do.... really enjoyed the pics.

Steve

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys think Southern States Farm & Garden carries those rifles in my area?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuc, yuc, yuc. You a funny guy. I rike you funny joke.

Dang it. I hate it when I can't find the post I'm looking for. Somewhere, somebody asked if I would take a pic of the round next to a .308 to show size. Well, I don't have a .308 round to show, but here are some other familiar rounds next to the fat pig.

Left to right:
6.5-.284, .338 Lapua imp,.223,300 winny, .22-250AI, 6BR.
allcartridges.jpg

I also made a comment earlier (which I can't find either dang it) about how when I did research to find the perfect .338 caliber wildcat, I found the .338 L imp to look and exhibit similiar properties to the 6.5-.284. They look almost identical proportionately. Similiar neck length, similair body fatness in relation to caliber, same shoulder angle, same length body in relation to the rest of the case, and so on. I hope the Moag is as accurate at 2k as the six five is at 1k!
proportions.jpg

topview.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Dang it. I hate it when I can't find the post I'm looking for. Somewhere, somebody asked if I would take a pic of the round next to a .308 to show size. Well, I don't have a .308 round to show, but here are some other familiar rounds next to the fat pig.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. That was me. I went looking for that same post so I could quote it here for you.

Whatever. I looked and couldn't find it either. Oh well.

Dang cool photo. I love shots of loaded rounds all shiny and sleek.

[ QUOTE ]
I found the .338 L imp to look and exhibit similiar properties to the 6.5-.284. They look almost identical proportionately. Similiar neck length, similair body fatness in relation to caliber, same shoulder angle, same length body in relation to the rest of the case, and so on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing with the .223 and the .300 win mag. I noticed this several years ago when trying to explain what I knew about case efficiency and inherent accuracy to my brother.

You want to do something fun? set the camera on the table and place the smaller rounds (.223 and 6.5) close to the lens (still able to focus easily) then set the larger rounds farther back on the table so they appear to have the same height brass as the smaller of each pair and post a photo of this to help illustrate your point.

Will you be testing several bullets soon at 2,500 yards to see which makes the sub-sonic transition smoothly? ( Or are you waiting for a bigger CANTed rail?)
I can't find where you mentioned what scope you're using. Your work is very inspiring to many of us and we anxiously await your next test.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.