200 matchking backwards?

Oldschool280

so i have a box of old 200 matchkings with a looong boattail with the lead core visable back there. Was wondering if anybody here has loaded them backwards to see how they work on hogs or anything really. I would try them in my -06 maybe in some wet newspaper. I have a feeling these particular bullets will fly pretty straight and lay a smackdown on pretty much anything. Would the case neck take more of a beating then normal? I have read other people trying this with other bullets and in war , but this matchking looks like the right one!

so i have a box of old 200 matchkings with a looong boattail with the lead core visable back there. Was wondering if anybody here has loaded them backwards to see how they work on hogs or anything really. I would try them in my -06 maybe in some wet newspaper. I have a feeling these particular bullets will fly pretty straight and lay a smackdown on pretty much anything. Would the case neck take more of a beating then normal? I have read other people trying this with other bullets and in war , but this matchking looks like the right one!
Penetration may not be a problem with old style Matchkings at '06 velocities you might be better running them front wards so they dont expand TOO FAST!

How would you use it, and why do you think it would be more effective ran backwards?
Well, i was looking tomuse it as a short range thumper. I have never used a target bullet on game and figured the 200 would laser right through, but backwards, that would be a tapered flatpoint

Well, i was looking tomuse it as a short range thumper. I have never used a target bullet on game and figured the 200 would laser right through, but backwards, that would be a tapered flatpoint
They may be perfect for hogs which will cause some expansion. Id try one and see, or try both and give us a report

If they penetrated far enough. Worst case; a lot of pulled pork on the ground
Some of those big linkers hide and shoulder shields are pretty tough indeed! I watched my Uncle shoot a large boar three times at about 60 yards with a 308 sending a 150g Federal SP. He walked right off into the mesquite like he was heading to church, never to be seen again.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.