Sierra Matchking 200 gr #2231

joseph471

I am curious to know if anyone had experience loading and shooting these rounds, particularly in 300 WM. It says 1:9 twist which seems like a lot for a 200gr lead bullet. Just hoping to see if that holds true.

I am curious to know if anyone had experience loading and shooting these rounds, particularly in 300 WM. It says 1:9 twist which seems like a lot for a 200gr lead bullet. Just hoping to see if that holds true.

Hey man, I see no one answered this for some reason.

I too shoot a .300 win and just bought some of these to try out. I emailed Sierra directly and they got back to me right away. I'm at 1100 feet elevation above sea level and they straight told me that they'd be stable out of my 10 twist at 300 win velocity.

That 1:9 twist requirement would be needed shooting a 308 at sea level - higher elevation and velocity, and you're good to go.

Hey man, I see no one answered this for some reason.

I too shoot a .300 win and just bought some of these to try out. I emailed Sierra directly and they got back to me right away. I'm at 1100 feet elevation above sea level and they straight told me that they'd be stable out of my 10 twist at 300 win velocity.

That 1:9 twist requirement would be needed shooting a 308 at sea level - higher elevation and velocity, and you're good to go.
I appreciate it! I called them before and was told it would be "close" but I imagine the person I spoke with might not have been as knowledgeable too.