200 GameKing vs 200 Accubond, any experience?

MTLIVIN

So I've loaded 200 grain Accubonds for my 300 Win Mag @ 2900fps and had great results hunting elk, deer, and Mtn goat out to 350 yards, practice further but haven't shot game further w this load. The downside is I don't know how they will expand past 500 yards and they aren't cheap, like $37/50 not cheap.

So that brings me to the Gameking, with a higher tested BC (.582 by Litz) and a cost of less then half that of the Accubonds, why don't I hear much about guys shooting these? I like Bergers too, but this bullet seems like a compromise of the Accubond and Berger. I would guess this will expand out quite a ways further than the Accubond but don't know. So what experiences are out there on the 200 Gameking for elk, bear, deer and similar game close and far shots?

Thanks guys

So I've loaded 200 grain Accubonds for my 300 Win Mag @ 2900fps and had great results hunting elk, deer, and Mtn goat out to 350 yards, practice further but haven't shot game further w this load. The downside is I don't know how they will expand past 500 yards and they aren't cheap, like $37/50 not cheap.

So that brings me to the Gameking, with a higher tested BC (.582 by Litz) and a cost of less then half that of the Accubonds, why don't I hear much about guys shooting these? I like Bergers too, but this bullet seems like a compromise of the Accubond and Berger. I would guess this will expand out quite a ways further than the Accubond but don't know. So what experiences are out there on the 200 Gameking for elk, bear, deer and similar game close and far shots?

Thanks guys

Never shot the 200s but I have shot 180 in both out of my 3006. Yes the accubond is more expensive but it also shoots better for me out to 500yards. I was hoping the gamekings would shoot better for the reasons you stated. I wouldn't hesitate with either for any game in North America. I'd say whichever shoots better in your gun you should use unless they are close then I'd pick the gamekings because they are half the cost. Side note, most people on her seem to use the match kings over the gamekings. The match kings are also known as SMK (sierra match king) you will see lots of conversations on here about SMKs.

Thanks guys

I have used both and have been happy with the game kings but I prefer the Accubonds because
they are bonded core (More consistent expansion). I have had great luck with the Accubonds at longer distances and expansion was great.

As long as you stay above with the minimum recommended velocity most bullets do ok.

I know that the Accubonds are more expensive than the game kings, but after spending time and money on the hunt, the difference in price just doesn't offset the performance of the Accubonds
in my opinion.

If the Accubonds weren't available I would consider the game king as one of the choices.

Just my opinion.

J E CUSTOM

I have used both and have been happy with the game kings but I prefer the Accubonds becausethey are bonded core (More consistent expansion). I have had great luck with the Accubonds at longer distances and expansion was great.As long as you stay above with the minimum recommended velocity most bullets do ok.I know that the Accubonds are more expensive than the game kings, but after spending time and money on the hunt, the difference in price just doesn't offset the performance of the Accubonds in my opinion. If the Accubonds weren't available I would consider the game king as one of the choices.Just my opinion.
J E CUSTOM

Very close to my thoughts. I used the Game Kings in .30-06, and .300 H&H @ 2900 fps
from when they came out, until the Accubond was released. It served us well, but the Accubond is more consistent through the velocity thresholds Nosler states. I'd be happier with big bear up close with the Accubond, but in that circumstance I'd be even happier with a 220 grain Partition.

Hunts are expensive!

I hear what you guys are saying, and I was thinking the same thing myself. Why chance loosing an animal because of the $0.30 saved on a non-bonded bullet. I might just dial in the rifle with both the 200 Accubond for hunting and the 208 Amax for plinking (and shots over 600 if capable). Its really just the plinking that gets expensive anyways, a couple hundred rounds of accubonds adds up over a season.

My favorite thing about the 200 accubond, I can guarantee I anchor an animal with a shoulder shot and still not ruin the entire front end. That's exactly what I did with my Mtn goat this fall, I needed it stay bedded and it stayed bedded... until it died and then started rolling! Turned out its bed was steeper than I thought, luckily only got scratched up.

That's exactly what I did with my Mtn goat this fall, I needed it stay bedded and it stayed bedded... until it died and then started rolling! Turned out its bed was steeper than I thought, luckily only got scratched up.

Well great minds think alike! LOL! I shot my goat in 2006 with a 200 Accubond. A younger billy we caught in the alpine. A shoulder for the anchor from 25 yards to keep him out of the cliffs. We were between him and the cliffs, and I sometimes claim self defense just to make it sound better.

Smithers BC Babine Guides, where did you get yours?

Well great minds think alike! LOL! I shot my goat in 2006 with a 200 Accubond. A younger billy we caught in the alpine. A shoulder for the anchor from 25 yards to keep him out of the cliffs. We were between him and the cliffs, and I sometimes claim self defense just to make it sound better.

Smithers BC Babine Guides, where did you get yours?

I drew a MT tag this year, Absaroka range. Self guided adventure, was a blast and luckily didnt run into any ****ed off griz that caused some issues in the area. I will likely need to hunt BC or AK if i hope to shoot another, and i do hope to one day

No luck in the draws here for me. After 30+ years I couldn't wait any longer. BC is great place. I'd like to better mine one day.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.