20 VarTarg Build

mtJim

Looking to put together a 20 VarTarg REPEATER and was looking for some advice from anyone with experience with the caliber.
I've done lots of reading about the short little cartridge and the ejection problems that it creates.

Would any of the Remington 700 clones with either a sako extractor or M16 claw extractor properly eject fired cases?
My first choice would be a Defiance short action Antix, if the claw extractor would make it a functioning repeater.

Any suggestions on bottom metal? I would prefer a detachable magazine, but a BDL style could be acceptable.

Looking to keep the rifle short and compact, as it will be my sons first centerfire rifle.

Thanks

Either a fireball action or the model 7 300 blackout action Rems will work or a Defiance with the sako style will, I would do a center feed box if you want a repeater. You can get a sako style extractor installed on a Rem 700 or go CZ 527 route too if you can find one.

Mine is a CZ 527 varmint with the Kevlar stock. There is a different bottom metal between a 223/204 length and the 221 fireball by about 1/4" so watch for that. I use a 221 FB mag and it is very reliable. Had barrel cut down to 22" and threaded. Using a suppressor is sweet. Very quiet rig that way. 32 v-max, 205m, 19.0 cfe-blk pushing 3670 fps. With no wind it will print a 1" 5 shot group at 200 yds.
I can only imagine how sweet it will be if you build it the way you're saying!