20 Vartarg and Brass

Greg Duerr

Im considering a Cooper in 20 Vartarg but see that the only supplier of Brass is Remington.......................

How is Remington Brass? Does anyone else make .221 Brass?

Just neck down Lapua 221 fireball and away you go....Id like to find a cooper in 22 Vartarg if anyone knows where to get one

Be careful of the neck size on Lapua brass and the .200 line size. You'll need a .234 neck size and a little bigger on the .200 line with Lapua brass. Alot of reamers out there are for Rem 221 fireball brass with a .232 neck

Be careful of the neck size on Lapua brass and the .200 line size. You'll need a .234 neck size and a little bigger on the .200 line with Lapua brass. Alot of reamers out there are for Rem 221 fireball brass with a .232 neck
I know this is a late reply, so I ended up with a Vartarg, I think it has the 232 neck, the seller had 100 rds loaded for it which functioned in the gun just fine, however I must be missing something in creating new cases. I run the 221 Fireball through a body die, and even after a full length resizing die and I cant get the new case to go into the chamber smoothly.
I must be doing something wrong... But what? The dies are those the previous owner was using. The only solution I can think of is that my shell holder is too thick and I am not getting the shoulder pushed back? Thanks

What fireball brass is it, are you measuring your shoulders length from base with a comparator after firing a case then after running through your die.
Measure down at the .200 line also on a fired case and after ran through your die.
Coloring with Dykem or sharpie at the .200 line and shoulder might give you a clue were its tight.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts