20" 300wsm?

Woods and midrange 20" inch? I think I'd put a little meat on that bullet, in the way of caliber, for your powder volume. It is woods and midrange as you said. Just my 0.2 Cheers.
Was trying not to buy another suppressor, or I would build a .338

Cory, can you tell us about your rifle in the picture?
This is a factory R700 Action blue printed, factory barrel, 16 inches. Samon river TI Muzzle brake. 300 wsm, on a Black collar arms chassis, the folding buttstock is a midwest industries (I added a check riser to it) to hold me over until the black collar arms folding stock is available (It will be lighter)
right now fully dressed its 9lbs but after the new folding stock and carbon barrel im adding it will be around 7.5 lbs. Which is what I want for this rifle a super lightweight folding hunting rig capable out to 1000 yards.
The new barrel will be a carbon6 7 saum in 16 inches. (Going 7 saum to reduce recoil and ballistics) this factory 300 wsm barrel was originally a 308 and the twist is horrible at 1:12.
Also going to be getting a paint job soon =)

You're asking for 7mm wsm rl26 load data with 180s?
I have the loads for my 7 mm WSM with RL26. I'm amazed at the velocity and the low standard deviation. I was hoping to achieve that same low standard deviation and accuracy with RL26 for the 300 WSM and a 180 grain accubond bullet. As I said I can't find any load data for the 300 WSM and RL26. If anybody has some starting loads I would be grateful if you shared them. I'm not sure my quick load has RL 26 in its database.

NOPE! I wish, they dont allow them in my state.
View attachment 318479
Man, that kind of makes me want to change my 20" 30 nosler build to an 18" build.......Only issue is my supressor is only rated to 20" 300 rum :-(

Judging by the fact you don't have a can on it, the terrain and vegetation, as well as the smoke ha ha......California I assume?

This is a worthwhile discussion I think for all the short magnums. I ran a 20" 300 wsm with a brake, I had 212 eldx going 2750 fps. I no longer own that gun but if I had to do it again I would run lighter bullets I think just to tame it down. It was fairly light, I would have never gone without a brake on it. I'm now running a 24" 338 wsm with 230 eldx over 2800 FPS, waiting on my suppressor to get out of jail for it. I also ran a 21" 6.5wsm and a 260 rem on a 19" barrel and I've never felt crippled by running a shorter barrel. For me I would stay 19" + on a short magnum just to keep the gun from getting too "jumpy" , in a standard short action case I would go down to a 16" without too much hesitation.

I was thinking RL26 would be good for the 300 WSM and 180s but can't find load data for it. It is for my 7MMWSM. Can you share some?
I'd say start around 68gr, accubond typically prefer a lot of jump I think? Start 50k off lands? Load from 68-72gr in 0.4gr pairs. Shoot each individual pair at separate aiming points, you'll see 3-4 charges that are touching or 1 hole. These are the speed node the bullet likes to go, they'll likely be 90-110fps apart. Once you find the speed node, it's time to test seating depths I'd try -35, -42, -50, -57, -65 you'll find something that shoots well. This is how how do my load development. Powder test done at 100y, seating depth done at 500y.

Man, that kind of makes me want to change my 20" 30 nosler build to an 18" build.......Only issue is my supressor is only rated to 20" 300 rum :-(

Judging by the fact you don't have a can on it, the terrain and vegetation, as well as the smoke ha ha......California I assume?
Yes sir! Commmifornia

I have the loads for my 7 mm WSM with RL26. I'm amazed at the velocity and the low standard deviation. I was hoping to achieve that same low standard deviation and accuracy with RL26 for the 300 WSM and a 180 grain accubond bullet. As I said I can't find any load data for the 300 WSM and RL26. If anybody has some starting loads I would be grateful if you shared them. I'm not sure my quick load has RL 26 in its database.
I posted my load on this thread with my 300 wsm and rl26 using 180gr.

Found this thread recently. I am looking at a 8.5lb build with a 20" suppressed, 7" TBAC, 300 WSM shooting probably 181 or 166 hammers fast but safe. What kind of comparable recoil could I expect?