Short Barrel (20”) 300WSM Question

Just got my 300wsm barrel from Shilen to spin on a savage action 1:10 twist to run 208gr bullets.

I went 21" so it would thread to my Omega suppressor.

my buddy shoots a 300wsm, 20" proof with 225eldM @ 2650fps. He took a monster bull elk this year at 600yds! So I know they work

yes, I'm a little excited!!!
James

Got a Ridgeline on the way in 300wsm. Any issues with accuracy or feeding? How's the recoil
If it's like mine you will love it! Mine shoots a consistent sub .5 MOA with the 200 ELD-x, wife killed a Buffalo with it and didn't even know it had gone off, the limbsaver recoil pad on it is incredible. Only thing we changed was Swapping the radial brake for the TBAC 2-port cb adapter so we can run it suppressed. Very nice weapon.

You're lucky it's a shooter. A lot of people have had issues with TR.
Now that I'm 72 years old, I wish I would have started hunting when I was younger and gotten on this forum sooner.
If I may ask, what issues have you heard about TR?
I have some new hunters nearly my age wanting to get into long range hunting.

Now that I'm 72 years old, I wish I would have started hunting when I was younger and gotten on this forum sooner.
If I may ask, what issues have you heard about TR?
I have some new hunters nearly my age wanting to get into long range hunting.
I'm not going to list it all but it's easily found with google. Go with a reputable smith such as GA Precision, LRI, SAC, beanland, Spartan precision, I could keep going but find a good smith. They usually have their prices listed to.

Here's a pic. Waiting for my bottom metal which is lost by USPS.

42388922-F039-4F48-B526-5F0B34452A73.jpeg

22" 300wsm, rl26 goes 2920 w/ 215s. Rl23 goes 2850, rl23 is slightly more accurate and more temp stable. Cannot wait for adg brass to come in, should be good for another 60fps with rl23. Chamber has 200k freebore and loaded length is over 3.1 in a Tikka long action.