1st LOADs ever.....

Lethal_Chica

I am 100% new to reloading. I received my 6.5 SAUM from GAP recently after a long, but worthwhile wait. After a ton of conversations with @sedancowboy and his incredible generous guidance, and also that of a close friend who also loads 6.5 SAUM, I loaded my first rounds. Probably not a huge milestone for many, but it is rewarding for certain. I am excited for the journey. Once the weather breaks and the winds lie down, I will be headed to the range with my new Labradar. Updates to come for certain.

Thanks again @sedancowboy. I have learned so much from you in such a short amount of time.

Pics of my new loads and my bench (various items laid out just to show what I am working with)
1589067220720.png

1589067231304.png

Good looking set up for some one who has just begun the journey.

It is a very rewarding pursuit, & the feeling you get when you take your first animal with your own hand crafted, hand tuned loads is unforgettable.

Hope they go well for you & enjoy the learning curve :)

Sweet setup....you been lurking and learning well....
Just make sure while loading...
1..one powder on bench at a time...no confusion to create problems...
2..one primer at a time.....
3..concentration on project....extra components(including people) can cause a loss of thought...and problem without realizing it.....

Betcha want that first critter with your new rig....

3..concentration on project....extra components(including people) can cause a loss of thought...and problem without realizing it.....

Excellent advice and much appreciated!

Stay off the phone while reloading trust me weird things happen!

He's just messing with you😋!
Very neat, clean, orderly and well lighted. Good job!
26 Reloads advice is very sound. No distractions while loading. Give it your undivided attention and concentration. If you can't for some reason, stop and come back when you can.
Good, helpful and knowledgeable folks on this forum.

He's just messing with you😋!
Very neat, clean, orderly and well lighted. Good job!
26 Reloads advice is very sound. No distractions while loading. Give it your undivided attention and concentration. If you can't for some reason, stop and come back when you can.
Good, helpful and knowledgeable folks on this forum.
Agree on all points. Super happy I found this forum. Everyone has been extremely helpful. Thanks again! Victoria

Are you throwing right off the Chargemaster or do you have another scale ? It can +/- up 0.2 grains or more. The straw trick or orifices help a lot;

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.