has anyone ever

Southwind

Just wondering if anyone has ever been able to do actual test of the effect of altitude/barometric pressure changes over a large spectrum of distances and then record the percentage of change across the board?

I know you can run the numbers on a ballistic program but wondering if anyone has ever conducted the actual test?

I am also interested in looking at it from a percentage of change.

Just curious

I have not.

But, I'm absolutely certain that it's been confirmed many times over by the millitary and numerous ballisticians for the bullet and arms makers.

Do you have some reason to question the theory or the software?

-- richard

No, I don't question the software I am just curious if anyone has ever done a real world full test. I realize the military has done extensive ballistic testing probably to cover anything imaginable.

First off I just wonder if any recreational/hobbiest shooter has ever taken it that far. And I would love to see some actual results

In today's world with today's technology there probably is no need because the ballistic programs proof out with every real world shot still I wonder how far anyone individual has recorded actual data.

Many of us think that 500 or 1000 yds is long range.

But, there are guys here that are regularly shooting 1,760--2,500+ yds.

Software is a big part of it.

-- richard

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.