Has anyone ever Moly coated Lost River Bullets

Chawlston writes:
[ QUOTE ]
don't tell Eunice Berger (who won the super shoot shooting moly bullets) that they do not work.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what my Pal Don Gentner Don Gentner's bullets said about that:
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> Eunice Berger won the Super Shoot around 1997, she was credited with
shooting moly bullets, she was not credited at all of being a fantastic
and determined shooter. Eunice was a great friend of mine.
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
That Eunice won with moly provides no evidence that moly give you and advantage - if the conclusion you imply were true it would be contradicted by the fact the majority of championships are won Without Moly.

[ QUOTE ]
Just don't do it on my thread

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not your thread. You may have started it. Threads bifurcate. You are really out of line here. I much prefer that we stick to logic/reason and not ad hominem attacks you are displaying.

You don't really need moly to shoot lead core bullets and we the benchrest comomunity have figured it out. I spoke with Don (Gentner) about moly several years ago when he and I were shooting on adjacent benches at a match. No argument on the lead core bullets. But it did not PREVENT her (Eunice) from winning the Super Shoot (The superbowl of benchrest) and she beat some very stiff competition.

On the monolithic bullets this is a very different story. Moly (used correctly) can significantly assist in success. Just ask Gerrard of GS Custom Bullets. He is constantly expanding his business to meet the demand due to his superb product!

Moly is not all the same as there are many different grades of it. Additionallly bullets are not all the same as there are different configurations and compositions just as all Kalifornians and Montanans are not the same. So, to speak as if all are the same and to fail to qualify statments of fact versus conjecture is a waste of everyones time and woefully incorrect. You just can't throw a blanket over the words bullet and moly and speak on it pertaining to all variations.... Not an accurate method of getting your point across. If you want information on moly and monolithic bullets, don't talk to Don because he has never made any monolithic bullets.. Talk to Gerrard since he sells them faster than he can make them. Hopefully you get the point.

Chawlston

[ QUOTE ]
Hey dude! I am the one who started the thread and it has only to do with Moly and Lost river bullets. Your response is totally off target and confusing to those who are new to the subject. If you want to discuss a different topic than what I started feel free. If you want to stay on point with respect to the TOPIC feel free. But don't discuss apples and oranges as if they are the same or even closely resembling each other. Monolithic bullets and lead core bullets are miles apart. We do not need a novice like yourself who confuse the two and then go on confusing the new shooters who frequent this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone around here expects people to stay on topic for obvious reasons and I very rarely see threads take some wild turn making it difficult to keep up with the subject I'm interested in, I saw your thread no different but. What I did see is your level of expectation to be on topic sort of off the chart, and you make your point about it pretty abrasively with seeming little respect.

If I am wrong I am wrong, but you came across to me as out of line, inconsiderate and quite anal intolerant about this on topic deal... "waaay" out of norm for "this site".

Check the attitude at the door is my suggestion, you'll probably see more good posts to the topic that way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wow!..I was not trying to go off topic rather throw a few things out there about Moly...I'm sure most of us know. I was not sure if Chawlston knew this. ...Chawlston ...No I do not like to confuse people nor was I trying...So if you feel that way I'm truly sorry for interfering with your post. I'll make sure it does not happen again. Sorry for the Childish Bickering Guys.

Keith

Chawlston writes:
[ QUOTE ]
On the monolithic bullets this is a very different story.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> AGREED </font>

[ QUOTE ]

If you want information on moly and monolithic bullets, don't talk to Don because he has never made any monolithic bullets..

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need to make moly bullets to understand the problems and metallurgy involved any more that pharmacological researchers need to take the drugs they study. Don is a retired materials scientist. Don also tells me his comments on Moly bullets only apply to .22 and 6mm and not other calibers - as that's where he has extensive experience talking to barrel manufacturers and examining moly tumbled bullets.

[ QUOTE ]

Just ask Gerrard of GS Custom Bullets. He is constantly expanding his business to meet the demand due to his superb product!
Talk to Gerrard since he sells them faster than he can make them. Hopefully you get the point.
Chawlston

[/ QUOTE ]

The success of a product is no evidence of it's efficacy. Beta was unquestionably superior to VHS but VHS put Beta out of business.

Chawlston i was probaly the guy refferred to giving away the Lost River bullets.I bought several thousand dollars worth of those bullets in an attempt to shoot them in my 300 Ackley 1000 yard gun.I tried the 190 and 200 grain J40's and couldn't get them to shoot at all.I have long since given them all away or i would let you have some free of charge.I am amazed you got them to group as well as you claim and am curious about the rifle and load combination.To date you are the only person other than Dean Michaelis who has a vested interest in them to have reported good results.Lynn

Lynn,

They have shot extrememtly well in all my barrels that I have tried. Specifically, they will ring holes at most ranges when shooting for trajectory tables. At 900 yards the bullets were hitting the same hole. However, they do not expand at all in any game I have shot. But they are the most accurate and consistent bullet I have ever shot.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.