Clinch River/Lost River Bullets

dbhostler

Anyone use the Clinch River or the Lost River bullets in .30 cal for 1K? I'm thinking about 190gr to 220gr slugs.
db

I have been thinking of trying both actually, haven't got around to ordering yet.

What would you be trying them in?

300 Ultra is what I'll be checking them in.

Think you will find people using the CR 216s in competition but no one using the Lost River bullets, too expensive for competition shooting and what testing has been done, supposedly not giving anything extra in accuracy department at 1k comp. They have advantages for other areas but not in 1k comp.

BH

Brent, I'd be loading them in a 06 AK. 216s may be a little lite in an Ultra. A shooter in Alaska recommends them. What velocity are you looking for?
db

Might hafta order some 6mm bullets too. Just shot my .244 AK at 400yds with a gusty cross wind and turned in a one and a half inch group. My 06 won't do that well. The only problem I see is the wind. The 6 JLKs BC is only about .560 and the 210s is about .665. Guess the 30 would still outshoot it at 1000 in the wind.
db

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.