199 Hammer Hunter & 300 RUM

Fotis

Has anyone done any load development with these in the 300 RUM? I have a custom 1:8 twist that I just got completed.

Any loading data would be appreciated!

Any real life BC #'s?

We have loaded quite a few 8" twist rums with the 199g Hammer Hunter. With n570 we are able to push them to 3400 fps nicely. The last few 8" twist rifle confirmed drops at .323 g7-bc. We have it advertised at .299 g7, which is what we see from 9" twist rifles.

I am also interested in 300 RUM advice. I am going to Colorado for deer this fall and dont have a clue what load to take. Gun has never been shot at altitude, i shot Nosler Trophy Grade 180 Accubond in South Texas out to about 500-600 and can group 1/2 inch out to about 300. Would that be adequate or do i need to regroup, lighter or heaver ?

I am also interested in 300 RUM advice. I am going to Colorado for deer this fall and dont have a clue what load to take. Gun has never been shot at altitude, i shot Nosler Trophy Grade 180 Accubond in South Texas out to about 500-600 and can group 1/2 inch out to about 300. Would that be adequate or do i need to regroup, lighter or heaver ?
Sounds to me like it shoots quite well. You have proven it to 600y. If you intend to shoot it farther at game then I would say know what it does at the farthest that you are willing to shoot at game.

Yes she shots well down the long South Texas Sendero's but have no experience in higher altitudes and wondered if the load was enough for Mule deer. Thanks for the help.

Remington 700 Sendero 300 RUM 26"barrell and 10" twist, won it in a raffle. I have never tried precision loads but love the gun, topped with a VIPER HST 6-24 50mm. Yes i saw Boomstickin had some of the exact ammo for sale, very hard to find these days.

Flutes painted black with thick palm swell stock or the older one with bare stainless flutes and a thinner sporter stock?

She's a little older, fluted stainless, thinner sporter. I'm new here and going to be looking for field and gear advice for Colorado public hunt. I will reach out to Boomstickin , he seems to be 300 RUM knowledgeable and would love to try different loads under advice, cant afford alot of 300 RUM ammo. Thank you for the help.