Reloading advice for 300 prc and 199 Hammer Hunters

Chaddrx

I have a new 300 PRC custom rifle with a 24in proof barrel 1:9 twist that I am looking to reload the 199 HH. I have read the spreadsheet on hammer bullets loads with some guidance. I have some RL 26, H1k, Retumbo and some N568. I was hoping to use the H1k with this caliber. Does anybody have any good load data including speeds with any of the previously mentioned powders above that aren't listed on the hammer hunter forum spreadsheet? Thanks in advance.

I have two 300 prc that both like 3100-3120fps in 26 inch bart 9 twist barrels.

Any of the powders will work. My data is in the sheet.

For h1000 start at 73 and work up by one grain until you see pressure [ejector mark]. Most likely be in the 80 range or little higher.

See if you have any areas showing narrow vertical and focus on the those areas.

Most likely you can do a ten shot ladder increasing by 0.3 from 77-80 [or the 3 grain range leading up to pressure].

So after 15-20 shots you will have an idea of what your gunn likes [most likely it like most of it showing a nice ladder increasing with shot on paper].

Then load a group of 5 and should have a nice tight group.

My coal is 3.63

Let us know how the progress goes.

I have two 300 prc that both like 3100-3120fps in 26 inch bart 9 twist barrels.

Any of the powders will work. My data is in the sheet.

For h1000 start at 73 and work up by one grain until you see pressure [ejector mark]. Most likely be in the 80 range or little higher.

See if you have any areas showing narrow vertical and focus on the those areas.

Most likely you can do a ten shot ladder increasing by 0.3 from 77-80 [or the 3 grain range leading up to pressure].

So after 15-20 shots you will have an idea of what your gunn likes [most likely it like most of it showing a nice ladder increasing with shot on paper].

Then load a group of 5 and should have a nice tight group.

My coal is 3.63

Let us know how the progress goes.
Just went out to test seating depth, loaded 77g h1k and got around 2830. I was expecting a little more speed. Using lapua brass I saw a very slight ejector mark. I am a little disappointed as I was hoping to get around 3k speed. Good accuracy tho

Is that ima 300 prc? Looking at the hammer load forum they kinda lean towards being picky as
Far as seating depth. I'll be running federal 215 lrmpbr 's I've got couple thousand of them and H1000 any good starting points

Proof Elevation rifle, 24 " barrel, 1-9. Worked up a ladder showing a safe load in my rifle. 199 Hammer, ADG Brass, 80 grains H1000, Federal LRM, 20 thousandths off the rifling. 3081 average velocity, 1/2 moa accuracy or better. Start at a lower charge and work up to a safe level in your rifle.

Thanks for the help guys I'm looking forward to getting it done but I'm still down for a couple more weeks had rotator cuff surgery 2 weeks ago and knees surgery this coming Thursday so might slow me up just a little

I switched this past season from 199 grn HH's to the 203 grn HHT's. Slightly more accurate in my 300 RUM. Knocked down a couple whitetails and a cow elk at 654 yds. Might want to look at the HHT's if you haven't already laid out the money...

Thanks , no I haven't laid out $ yet but already have a big pile of bergers and a bigger pile of factory rounds I was gonna use for barrel break in then loading starts. I'm gonna buy test packs from hammer that way when I find what the rifle likes I'll go that way

I have a new 300 PRC custom rifle with a 24in proof barrel 1:9 twist that I am looking to reload the 199 HH. I have read the spreadsheet on hammer bullets loads with some guidance. I have some RL 26, H1k, Retumbo and some N568. I was hoping to use the H1k with this caliber. Does anybody have any good load data including speeds with any of the previously mentioned powders above that aren't listed on the hammer hunter forum spreadsheet? Thanks in advance.
4831 shortcut might be a contender , please post some results as I'm starting my development in a couple weeks for 300 prc

Recent Posts