17 tactical

Farmerbrown32

Hello everyone. I am looking for some first hand info on the 17 tactical caliber. I am very interested in building a new bolt action and or ar-15 in this caliber. Yes i know its a "barrel burner" and no i dont care! Just really wondering if anyone has any experience with this caliber on prairie dogs, coyotes? I have recently shot a 17 tac on pdogs with the 30grain kindler golds and it does great. Hits with alot of power, but doesnt really explode them as much as i want. (The more carnage the better). Which i did expect because i know this is a very high quality bullet made for yotes and bigger predators than a pdog. Anyone use the 20-25 grain vmax or varmageddon? Plan on using them for pdogs and 30 grain kindler golds for yotes. Anyone have a sincere round count on barrel life? I would really like to use some of the piles of 223 brass i have for reloading it also. So what are the steps for reloading this cartridge? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.