17 mach2

screech

I know the 17 mach 2 isn't a long range caliber at all but was just trying to see if any one has used it on rock chucks or p dogs or any thing with a heart beat. Got one for christmas and was wondering if this bullet is worth buying in bulk for spring ground squirle and rock chuck hunting. any stories and info would be appreciated. Thanks

Screech,
I have a 17 mk 2 and 17 hmr ,i have used the hmr on prarie dogs,crows,jackrabbits and it does a good job for what it is.
The mach 2 is about 400-450 fps slower so it will do fine out to 150yds on pd's and birds ,but a chuck of any size will have to be hit right on the money.
I've got a nef 17 m2 and i haven't shot it yet and i've had it 6 months.
My friends son [Cody] got one and after seeing it shoot i got a hankering for one.His will shoot groups under 1" @ 100yds.
I call mine my 'porch gun' ,i bought a gamo cfx fixed barrel pellet rifle and it's the reason for the stillness of the 17 m2.Any pest bird ,chipmunk etc. within 50yds gets a .177 cal pellet through it while making about the amount of sound as a car door closing.
You'll love that present i'm sure -best of luck Mike

Screech,Sorry for the slow reply.

The v-max ammo shoots best in my HMR .
I'm not familiar with the eley ,but it highly spoke of in other rimfire guns.
I'd buy a couple -three different types and see what it like then stock up.Best of luck ME

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.