17 tactical

Farmerbrown32

Hello everyone. I am looking for some first hand info on the 17 tactical caliber. I am very interested in building a new bolt action and or ar-15 in this caliber. Yes i know its a "barrel burner" and no i dont care! Just really wondering if anyone has any experience with this caliber on prairie dogs, coyotes? I have recently shot a 17 tac on pdogs with the 30grain kindler golds and it does great. Hits with alot of power, but doesnt really explode them as much as i want. (The more carnage the better). Which i did expect because i know this is a very high quality bullet made for yotes and bigger predators than a pdog. Anyone use the 20-25 grain vmax or varmageddon? Plan on using them for pdogs and 30 grain kindler golds for yotes. Anyone have a sincere round count on barrel life? I would really like to use some of the piles of 223 brass i have for reloading it also. So what are the steps for reloading this cartridge? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.