150 grain .264 Nosler ABLR

Yep 156's are good. Somewhere earlier I saw the .264 150 ABLR was rated for 7 twist, but found another reputable supplier just now that confirmed it's rated for 8 twist. My 7.5 would be perfect, but I'm on to the 156 trials today. Will see what that does. If not satisfactory, may just fall back on that 142 ABLR load as that sure has some promise.

I'm running 156's in my 1:8" 264WM without issue. The 29.5" barrel just makes them sing. Couldn't get my hands on any 150ABLR to try.

Cheers.
I bet that 264 WM makes them sing! I could swear I saw 2nd's 150 ABLR's not long ago. But I'm having fun with the Barnes Match Burners 145 gr in my 260 AI. A ton of great choices with 6.5mm.

I run the 160gr Woodleigh PPSN over 3200fps from my 264WM with a 30" Shilen heavy varmint barrel. with 6 grove and 1 in 8 twist. Bullet was designed for Moose.

I bet that 264 WM makes them sing! I could swear I saw 2nd's 150 ABLR's not long ago. But I'm having fun with the Barnes Match Burners 145 gr in my 260 AI. A ton of great choices with 6.5mm.
I'm in Australia, so getting anything since Covid has been difficult. Have plenty of 142g ABLR, so set for those.
Very surprised with the velocity achievable, above 3300fps with the above and H50BMG or US869.

Cheers.

Some pretty salty velocities for those big bullets! I have many 6.5's and love the prc and I'm a old faithful with 264 win. Both shoot 130 class bullets in hunting rifles. Model 70 fwt's - I can't help but love the featherweight models and these little things are hammers for medium sized game here in texas.

My son tried some 156's in a montana i had purchased for his wife so they could do some hunts together - sharing your experiences with him. He is also a ABLR fan, loaded some 175's in his stw with factory twist and it was running on the edge but similar tweaks like has been mentioned here and she's a shooter. Hammered a couple auodad sheep at 500-600 yards back in december. Rolled them on the mountains,

An enjoyable read - thanks boys!

I don't understand the desire or necessity to make ONE bullet shoot! Move on Brother...you have 30 other choices! I have a lapua that will eat ANY ...250gr projectile so far, that it's fed and spit out less than 1/2 moa groups......consequently I have 4- 100 rd cases filled with 4- different projectiles. Move on to something new.....just me.