150 grain .264 Nosler ABLR

IHFarmer07

Anyone shoot these here?
I'm trying to find a load with them in my 6.5 prc and this might be the first bullet I can't get to shoot out of this barrel!
I've tried 3 powders and shot almost 200 of these things and I can't seem to get repeatable load!
Has anyone had issues getting nosler bullets to shoot, mainly the 150's?

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me.
Did you move on or did you find anything to work?
I had a guy tell me that bonded bullets aren't made consistently like a regular cup and core……I can see that but on the other hand I don't know about that.
I weighed several of these bullets…..probably 10 or so and they went bad at all on weight consistency.

Anyone have knowledge on the jump they like?

Did you move on or did you find anything to work?
I had a guy tell me that bonded bullets aren't made consistently like a regular cup and core……I can see that but on the other hand I don't know about that.
I weighed several of these bullets…..probably 10 or so and they went bad at all on weight consistency.

Anyone have knowledge on the jump they like?

I had two in one out no matter what I did. Drove me nuts. Probably at 3/4" at best. I might revisit with some RL26. Still have unopened box. I like to be 1/2" or better for long range. That's just my standard.

I had trouble with ABLR until I jumped the shi* out of them in 6.5 129gr, 7mm 150 and 168 grain.
I'm talking from .100-.150. They all shoot very well now.

As recommended, if they don't shoot close...move back .030 at a time because they usually like very close or very far.
I haven't had any luck at the usual .020 or so like most hunting bullets.

I'm actually happier that way since I don't like hunting bullets too close to jam.

I had two in one out no matter what I did. Drove me nuts. Probably at 3/4" at best. I might revisit with some RL26. Still have unopened box. I like to be 1/2" or better for long range. That's just my standard.
Yeah, that's about where I am. The closest I can get to the lands is .058". Right now I'm at a cbto of 2.250, shot **** good there once, at 2.250 I think it's like .106" or so off. Got some seated at 2.230 now.

Idk I'm about to burn my barrel up trying to figure this out because I can't leave it like this!!

I had trouble with ABLR until I jumped the shi* out of them in 6.5 129gr, 7mm 150 and 168 grain.
I'm talking from .100-.150. They all shoot very well now.

As recommended, if they don't shoot close...move back .030 at a time because they usually like very close or very far.
I haven't had any luck at the usual .020 or so like most hunting bullets.

I'm actually happier that way since I don't like hunting bullets too close to jam.
Good information!! I really want these bullets to shoot! They put holes in my 650 yard target that no other bullet has. Granted, my target is a homemade target made out of grader blades welded together, it's still a hard as hell metal 3/8" thick.

Last edited:
Good information!! I really want these bullets to shoot! They put holes in my 650 yard target that no other bullet has. Granted, my target is a homemade target made out of grader blades welded together, it's still hard a hell metal 3/8" thick.
Wow! That is tremendous impact.

Wow! That is tremendous impact.
Yeah, it's going around the same velocity as the 156eol load I have, 2940-2950.
FAFF3148-B8E4-405D-98C6-E62E6487C80F.jpeg

My buddy shoots 6.5 PRC with 156 Bergers @ 2850 and occasionally put holes thru my mild steel 1/2" plate at 600.
My 284 Win with 150 ABLR @ 2930 ish will put serious protruding dimples that stick out another 3/8" and barely split the center.
Not a plug for Berger by any means...but a true testament to the sectional density factor!

My buddy shoots 6.5 PRC with 156 Bergers @ 2850 and occasionally put holes thru my mild steel 1/2" plate at 600.
My 284 Win with 150 ABLR @ 2930 ish will put serious protruding dimples that stick out another 3/8" and barely split the center.
Not a plug for Berger by any means...but a true testament to the sectional density factor!
Sorry!
Didn't mean to sidetrack the thread!

Good information!! I really want these bullets to shoot! They put holes in my 650 yard target that no other bullet has. Granted, my target is a homemade target made out of grader blades welded together, it's still a hard as hell metal 3/8" thick.
Every time I've have tried bonded bullets, pick one and a cartridge, they all seem to shoot the best somewhere around 100 off. The 142gr ABLRs in my 6.5 PRC were no exception. Plus, weight sorting them seemed to help consistency in my 6.5 PRC. Of course, weight sorting gets pricey. I don't think they will ever match cup and core bullets for accuracy level and consistency in the 500-1000 region. With the difficulty of getting tags these days and where we hunt that distance region provides a lot of opportunity and sometimes the only opportunity, so other bullets rule for us. I think I'd choose a high BC mono over a bonded these days if I was in the market for a super penetrator.