1468yards 300rum 225eldm n570 and elk

Mram10us

For those stuck in your house during the winter here is a video I took this morning to keep ya going. First long range session with this rifle. Deep cleaned before the trip, so I was curious to see where the first shot hit. Low by about 9 inches. Sorry I couldn't get close pics after. Had my steel target but I couldn't get any further with the new snow. No way I was walking! Didn't have the snowmobile :)
My build:
Rem 700, Wilson arms barrel 1:10 26.5", Rem trigger, manners eh5, vortex 6-24 hst.
Load
Bertram virgin brass, f215, 225eldm, 90.9n570

Great video, thanks for sharing. There was a time that being out there in those conditions that you were in that I would have been out just for the fun of it. But after a couple of decades training and enduring miserable conditions in the military now that I am retired from two careers I refuse to be miserable unless it's hunting weather. I guess I have become wimpy and if it's below 70 degrees it's the same as been in the North Pole for me, or that is how I chose to look at it. Fantastic shooting btw, and thank you.

Very nice vid , and nice shooting always nice to have a friend along , that's the fun of getting out and burning powder,great to have some Elk show up what a Bonus !!! Thks n cheers !!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.