1468yards 300rum 225eldm n570 and elk

Awesome video and topping it off with beautiful country and and bull elk to boot. I'm 3 months from retiring and will be in West Texas for Whitetail and Mule deer gun season next November . Going to let my.300 Win Mag stretch it's legs out to a mile , hope to shoot at least half as good as you .

Excellent stuff... can you elaborate a little on your trigger spring from Ernie the gunsmith?
He's a guy on the internet that sells a lighter replacement trigger spring. I'm not sure now if that trigger spring is his or from a handful I bought from a machine shop. I have both. Either way, it is a stock rem trigger with a lighter stainless spring. Glad you guys like this stuff.

Boom.. found him. Thank you. I picked a new Remington Long Range that has the X Mark Pro trigger. Like most reviews, the trigger stinks. Going to explore the second screw and maybe this new spring.
What trigger pull do you have with that spring?
Thanks again.

Boom.. found him. Thank you. I picked a new Remington Long Range that has the X Mark Pro trigger. Like most reviews, the trigger stinks. Going to explore the second screw and maybe this new spring.
What trigger pull do you have with that spring?
Thanks again.
No idea on pull weight. More than my br jewell, less than my old timneys

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.