1036 yard elk kill

I did notice that! It made me wonder if I filmed myself while I shoot what I would learn about my form.

If it were me, I probably wouldn't have hit the mountain let alone the elk! That is one heck of an angle he's shootin at, it would take me a lot of practice to feel confident in that shot; well done on his part.

t

Did anyone else notice that at the 5:50 mark he completely closes his eyes before the round goes off? :D His muscle memory must be a lot better than mine.

Not trying to take anything away from his kill, just thought it was a little.... off.

t

Yep, I too noticed it. He definitely have better muscles and control than I have ... he is "ripped". :cool:

Anyone else notice the guy is a liar? He says his rifle is custom from the barrel to the trigger... thats a factory sendero rifle. at %:01 look at the fluting. its the standard crappy remington flutes... I usnderstand he is comfortable with his gear but when he lies about what he has it shoots his credibility all to crap for me.

Anyone else notice the guy is a liar? He says his rifle is custom from the barrel to the trigger... thats a factory sendero rifle. at %:01 look at the fluting. its the standard crappy remington flutes... I usnderstand he is comfortable with his gear but when he lies about what he has it shoots his credibility all to crap for me.

Looked that way to me as well. What kissed me off is how they left the bull overnight without opening it up. I carry a flashlight and radio just for those situations. This year we had 2 kills that put us back several hours after dark. I don't care how cool the shot is. If you are not willing to hike over there and dress the bull don't shoot. Pretty obvious this is horn hunting, not meat hunting.

Just my opinion, sorry if it offends........well, maybe not.

I didn't watch the video, so I will not pass judgement on anything, except the wait until next day for recovery and shot. Will say that it's a pretty good shot if it was actually 1036. But like a lot of you I do feel that is pretty close to unforgivable not to take care of the elk after shooting him. And in my opinion that means at a minimum, removing the entrails and skinning him out. Honestly can't believe that someone would even put the part of waiting until the next day for recovery on a video, would almost think that it would set them up for a game violation. Waste and want. Just my opinion, so please don't flame me. And again I didn't watch the video so maybe I should have just my opinion to myself. Merry Christmas everyone

I gotta agree his credibility has taken a serious hit. The only thing custom about his rifle appears to be the brake. I suppose it could be a custom barrel but you gotta wonder why the Remington style flutes. That rifle is capable of making that shot in stock configuration anyway.

I guarantee if I ever post a video you will not see me close my eyes before the rifle fires, even if I needed 10 takes :rolleyes:. Don't think I could hit the mountain if I did that.

As stated above the most unforgivable sin was leaving the elk overnight. Three of them on that hill........no damned excuse.

I am pretty sure that he stated during the video that they could not locate the elk that night so they were going out in the AM. I think the "he's right where I left him" comment was referring to where he ended up after the shot. I have shot several deer at or near 4 digit distances that I had to find the next AM.

As far as the closed eye thing.....yep.... if it were me, that clip would have ended up on the edditing room floor!!

Just my .02

Tod

Hi what sort of rifle calibre would that guy be using? Also what kind of mag would you guys use at that kind of distance for hunting? I would never take that kind of shoot myself but was just interested and trying to build up my knowledge for hunting thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.