1036 yard elk kill

Check this video out. Both shots are lethal, but the second drops him!
[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7lcQhCNvjms[/ame]

Good shootin.

What I like about long shots is the complete lack of reaction. It's obvious the first shot was fatal and rocked the bull. Second shot drops him.

I wonder and hope that the lack of reaction keeps the stress hormones and adrenalin out of the meat.

I enjoyed the vid. Good job.

Awesome hunt and video footage. That was very nice of him to explain the celebratory reaction ... I've been there and it's quite an awesome feeling and accomplishment. :D

Excellent teamwork all around esp. on the game retrieval.

Thanks for the rap music warning. :rolleyes::):cool:

"Thunderstruck" or "shoot to thrill" by AC/DC would have been great. :Dgun)

Last edited:
Well done with added confirmation of success up front in the video discussing the practice and equipment entailed to make both shots count. As far as excitement in the video, heck I'm sure your team knew the elk was dead before the first shot. The excitement just confirms and celebrates all the work and practice conducted during the year to make this hunt happen.

Awesome ! Great shooting , Really like to experience that long of a shot myself some day . Please give us more details on you gun, setup and load and optics...

Nice Zac!
Just goes to show music is such a personal thing. I'd have to say I'm more with Feenix on that one though! I just can't put rap and mountains together - I must be getting old!
One other comment, you carry your trophy the opposite way up to what we do, but then again, I s'pose you're on top of the world and we're on the bottom!:D
We would always invert the head, skull sitting on top of the pack, antlers down each side, with points facing backwards.
And one last question, what chambering and load?
Greg

Sorry I didn't make this clear guys, but that's not my video. I just enjoyed it and figured I'd share it. I think he's shooting a 300 rum sendero with some work done to it, and it looks like a vortex razor to me.

Sorry I didn't make this clear guys, but that's not my video. I just enjoyed it and figured I'd share it. I think he's shooting a 300 rum sendero with some work done to it, and it looks like a vortex razor to me.
Thanks for the update. Where did you find the video? Perhaps you could show credit to the source?

He has a company called summit productions. His website is zacgriffith.com. He's on Facebook as well. He killed a 202" muley a couple weeks ago at 600 yards and an antelope earlier this year at 600.

Did anyone else notice that at the 5:50 mark he completely closes his eyes before the round goes off? :D His muscle memory must be a lot better than mine.

Not trying to take anything away from his kill, just thought it was a little.... off.

t

Did anyone else notice that at the 5:50 mark he completely closes his eyes before the round goes off? :D His muscle memory must be a lot better than mine.

Not trying to take anything away from his kill, just thought it was a little.... off.

t

I did notice that! It made me wonder if I filmed myself while I shoot what I would learn about my form.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.