10 gauge

460or338

Here's my 10ga bps 30" barrel with a trulock precision hunter. 680 with win hv 2 oz loads #4 .now thus is not my core pattern just a 10"at plate didn't have any paper

2011-08-17_17-48-22_825-1.jpg

I have a new choke that's a .7000. Im going to try this week. But using 2 1/4 oz load of 4s win xx.

10 gauge, huh? I bet you have to butt that thing up against a tree when you pull the trigger. From the recoil that dude must have. My cousin had one and it seems I remember his kicking like a mule.

It is a good looking gun to me
2011-07-30_19-46-51_381.jpg

Its not that skinny in person lol. It handles good just got to get familiar with it . Its no 12 ga size gun for sure

Try 5 shot if it doesnt improve. Still big enough to thump a head and should put more pellets on the target(what I have seen so far).

Doc. I also have a BPS 10 but mine only has a 28 in. barrel, none the less it is a great shotgun..not for everyone,but for those who truely love shotguns, it is something...used my on gobblers, sage grouse, ducks, & phesants. While I used factory stuff on the gobblers, used 15/8 oz. handloads on the rest...wouldn't be my only shotgun, but it sure is fun...:)

Are you using this 10 gauge for turkeys? If so why not try #6shot.. especially if you can find it in heavyshot. Still carries the same knockdown power as #4shot but the pellet count is much higher. Alot of guys i now use #7shot in the heavyweight.. but I dont care for it. The heavyshot will hurt your wallet a bit, but I have found it to shoot extremely well no matter what what kind of choke/barrel combo you use. IF you dont want to spend the money on the heavyweight...

TRY THE FEDERAL FLIGHT CONTROL #4's... I love these things, I have a H&R 10 gauge and I have seen many different types of groups.. but if you want TIGHT groups try the flight control... I have had my wad stick in the paper at 40 yards! It leaves a tangerine size hole in turkeys and paper a like...Alot of people will say the pattern is TOOOO tight, but I have a red dot scope on my shotgun and I like to know whatever I aim at.. is going to die...

All Hail the Mighty 10 gauge! I have a highly customized Remington SP-10 with a 30" barrel that I use for turkey hunting. I hand load Tungsten Shot and this shotgun is an absolute killer out to 70 yards and beyond.

Here's some of my best work from last spring. Bought this 10ga BPS (my second in addition to a Mag 10) through gunbroker for $200 some time back. It's my favorite beater, spray painted camo and cut down barrel rethreaded for colonial true size chokes and I'm currently using a 0.739. Oh yeah, that's the result of one dose of Remington #6s at about 40 yards. Works for me!

Attachments

• 2FER.jpg
    2FER.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 136
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.