Best 20 gauge Semi-Auto for son

I haven't bought him one yet. Life and $ in the way. He's getting really good at shooting his .410 single shot. I was able to find him 600 rounds to practice with so we are concentrating on that for now!
Most excellent to hear. My first gun is a Winchester single shot 410. It was Almost impossible to cock the hammer at 8. I killed piles of quail and chukar shooting 2.5" 7.5's for years.

Lots of good choices out there.

One thing I would throw out, a 20 is much more versatile than a 28. I have both, was shooting them yesterday and a 7/8 oz 20 load is very comparable to a 3/4 oz 28 load. The 28 I was shooting is about 3-4 ozs lighter than the 20. When I shot 1 oz loads in both the 28 had a slight bit MORE recoil.

When he grows into the gun he's got the option of 3" 1 1/4 oz loads with the 20. Thus my point of versatility!! Good luck.

For turkey only, hard to beat the Winchesters with the cantilever mount. Perfect set up for a red dot.

Also look at the youth 1187. You can get one of Remington's sure shot stocks for it. Super comfortable for a young shooter. You can also use a meadow creek mount to add a red dot.

Benelli Super 90 Montefeltro. Wife is 5' 4" weighs a buck 20. Has 3, two 20's and a 12. Carries easy, little recoil speeding thru bunch grass after our GSP's.

Attachments

• 20200223_132549.jpg
    20200223_132549.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 100
A 20 guage is a lifelong shotgun. I still use mine to hunt hunt pheasants in an open field. Agree with buy once cry once, but enjoy a lifetime
I have quite a few shotguns and used to bird hunt a lot... in several states. Once I went to twenties, my twelves barely make it out of the safe. Quail, chukar, huns, pheasants, sharpies, prairie chicken, etc have all fallen to my twenties easily. A joy to carry and shoot, and I don't feel handicapped whatsoever.