How do I figure out the value of a rifle?

Try armslist.com for selling it.
It's funny you say that. #1 it's on there already. #2 I own and run guntraderAZ.com and it's on there as well. guntraderAZ is just starting out as a classifieds to compete with armslist and take the place of the hookers and blow laden backpage...

Les Baer has been on my list for 20yrs. The others are amazing names and weapons, but Les Baer is the one I want.

I'm sure that I'm going to raise some comments on this posting, however this is what the forum is about. My experience with LesBaer is that I'll never buy another LesBaer firearm again. Recently bought a LesBaer AR,used; the rifle came out of a collection, $1900!! The rifle looked mint. After firing the rifle I could not get it to group, and sometimes had feeding problems. I called the company, spoke to customer service who told me that the rifle was out of warranty, 2005 date of manufacture, and gave me an exorbitant service fee. I was told at the time of purchase that the rifle was lifetime warranty. When I called customer service the attitude was that of, "Us vs them"!! For me this tarnished there good reputation! I sold the AR at a great loss.

I'm sure that I'm going to raise some comments on this posting, however this is what the forum is about. My experience with LesBaer is that I'll never buy another LesBaer firearm again. Recently bought a LesBaer AR,used; the rifle came out of a collection, $1900!! The rifle looked mint. After firing the rifle I could not get it to group, and sometimes had feeding problems. I called the company, spoke to customer service who told me that the rifle was out of warranty, 2005 date of manufacture, and gave me an exorbitant service fee. I was told at the time of purchase that the rifle was lifetime warranty. When I called customer service the attitude was that of, "Us vs them"!! For me this tarnished there good reputation! I sold the AR at a great loss.
I refuse to buy big dollar, big name AR's (looking at you Black Rain Ordnance) as I can build one that shoots as well if not better for a fraction of the price. With that said, I own exactly 0 AR's currently as I have moved into M1A's for my semi auto fix. Smoother and IMHO somehow classier...

I was talking more about LB 1911's...

Not to insult any one, I would give you 1000. cash for it, put it in the gun safe for a trip to Alaska. I don't think i'll ever hunt Alaska, at 62 years old it would be fun to shoot and look at visioning BIG BROWN BEARS and MOOSE... I shoot a built 700 action in 6mm rem. improved from Clay Spencer... 1000 bucks isn't bad for a dream, but its a lot of gun for me in Michigan.

I'm trying to figure out what to ask for a long range rifle and am having difficulty coming up with dollar amount. I know different markets mean different pricing but I would appreciate a little advice.

Rem 700 stainless in 300rum, factory 26" barrel with 60 rounds through it, composite spiderweb black stock aluminum bedded, brake, talley rings holding a Ziess Conquest 6.5-20x50 standard reticle, Timmy 2 stage trigger, Versa-Pod Bipod (I have a few of these, look into them).

I have added up what I have into it, and I know there's no way I'm going to get that back out of it, but I don't even know where to start...

I agree with those suggesting you sell the rifle separately. Its a stock rem 700 with a trigger. Its not a custom or accurized build. Its a Rem barrel.

Pull the scope, rings, bipod and trigger. Put old rem trigger back into it. Put rifle on your local gun trader page.

Put scope on ebay.
Put trigger and bipod on next gun.
Triggers sell used for 50% of new.
Scope sell for 60-80% of new.
You will never get your $$ out as a package so get the value where you can.

I'm trying to figure out what to ask for a long range rifle and am having difficulty coming up with dollar amount. I know different markets mean different pricing but I would appreciate a little advice.

Rem 700 stainless in 300rum, factory 26" barrel with 60 rounds through it, composite spiderweb black stock aluminum bedded, brake, talley rings holding a Ziess Conquest 6.5-20x50 standard reticle, Timmy 2 stage trigger, Versa-Pod Bipod (I have a few of these, look into them).

I have added up what I have into it, and I know there's no way I'm going to get that back out of it, but I don't even know where to start...

Register for Gunbroker. Leave and go back, log in. On the first page, upper right corner, is a line box, click on it, select advanced search. On the next page at the top right is Compleated Auctions, click on it, then go down the boxes fill out what you need at the bottom is search. You will get the SOLD price.

This is your 300 Rum competition not what you gun is worth, what you are up against today is important.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Categories.aspx

Ed

I would love to have this rifle but at my age about all I'd ever do with it is punch paper. Knocking on the door of 70 with a bum knee and shoulder doesn't leave many Alaska hunts in the cards. Not to mention being extremely broke most of the time! The way I see it, the OP is not asking an inflated price for the rifle, the problem is finding the one person out there that wants that particular rifle/scope combo (and that has the cash at the same time... one of my major failings in life!). That's something that could take a while. Not too many people will fork over that amount of money on a whim. Sad as it may be, parting the rifle out might be the best option for getting as much as possible in return for some time savings. Personally, at some point, I've regretted nearly every firearm I've ever sold because I'm usually pretty picky when I get them.
Data, you've put some effort into putting this rifle together. You too might wish it back at some point, so perhaps just saving your pennies and dimes for the pistol is the best, if long range, plan?
Good luck with whatever you choose!
Cheers,
crkckr

When Bud's post 9 L.B. pistols and within 24 hours 8 are sold They aren't going to deal crap! Why should they? I've tried it with them Cash in hand and it doesn't work! He said "it will sell I don't have to deal..." It was a super nice Ed Brown stainless I bought it and still have it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.