Help how do I improve a factory rifle.

If all the other mechanicals have been smoothed out, maybe lap the scope mounts/rings and apply a consistent torque to 'em.

If all the variables are removed, as much as humanely possible (except for re-barreling) such as you mentioned blue-printing the action, then all that remains is load development (for your specific purpose - accuracy/power whatever).

Also, after putting the rifle through all these great mods, try to instill in yourself confidence in the rifle. It's kinda like the old saying, "a clean car *always* runs better". Nothing has really changed, only our perception of it.

If you have complete, unfailing confidence in your rifle, you will be more likely to shoot it better than if you're looking to find fault with it at every turn. There really is psychology involved.

There's a plan!! I had a Savage once...put it right next to my Mossberg shotgun. Drove them both muzzle first into the ground and used them as dog stakes to tie my hunting dogs off...:rolleyes:

I would come to expect a comment like that from you!! I'll stick with my Savage's and you use whatever it is that you use.

I would come to expect a comment like that from you!! I'll stick with my Savage's and you use whatever it is that you use.

And most most would expect a "Savage beats them all" comment from you.!

Remington...both factory and modified...and toss in a Stiller or 2...

If they were all that great...Savage wouldnt have to hold them together with one big NUT

been researcing after market barrels alot lately and was really suprised to see drop in remington replacement barrels with the barrel nut included. from several different makers. about time remington joined the brotherhood of the barrel nut.:rolleyes:

And most most would expect a "Savage beats them all" comment from you.!

Remington...both factory and modified...and toss in a Stiller or 2...

If they were all that great...Savage wouldnt have to hold them together with one big NUT

That ONE BIG NUT makes 'em work!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts