How do I enter a custom click value to ballisitic fte program????

fordnutter

Shooting some test loads in the weekend I decided to do the retical level test with my new Leupy VX3 with custom m1 knobs fitted. Shot a group at 100yds, cranked up 20 moa - shot group again, cranked down 20 moa - and right back in the original. Cool the scope is repeatable *. Measure the group centres at 19.5".....hmmm which means my adjustments are actually 0.24375 moa per click not the 0.25" they are supposed to be! Now my delema is how do I allow for that with my Ballistic FTE program on my ipod - I see there is a custom click value input but it's in what??????? I could allways create a custom paper drop chart but I prefer the ease that the FTE program allows for wind, angle etc. I did a quick search on the net but haven't found anything that really tells me. Help?????

Sorry, but I don't know what the FTE program is.

One thing I might mention however....calculations are maybe just a little off.??
Depends on how your scope is supposed to dial (the TRUE amount)

What I mean is:

a TRUE moa is 1.0472" per 100 yds, so 20 moa should have moved your POI by 20.9"

19.5/20.9 is 93%
93% of .25 is .233 moa per click.
check by taking .233 X 80 = 18.66 x 1.0472 = 19.5"

If your scope clicks are supposed to be in IPHY (inches per 100 yds) then you are spot on the calculations. If they are supposed to be in true MOA, then it's a little different. Personally, I prefer IPHY for simplicity; but some scopes are true moa instead.

Sorry I can't help on the FTE program, haven't heard of it before?
Some programs have spots for IPHY clicks and moa clicks and custom clicks and even mil rad clicks.

Last edited:
Yes your quite right. I dialled in 20moa so impact should move 20.9" up.
It moved 19.5" with 20 moa dialled in at 100yds. I changed the elevation value on the Ballistic program on my ifone to your suggested iphy setting and it is very, very close that value. Thanks for that - so my Leupold M1 1/4" moa clicks are actually closer to 1/4 of an inch in my case. Thank you very much for helping me understand & clear that up.

The custom click value in ballistic FTE is in MOA.... so simply put 0.24xxxxx in there and youll be set. Pretty dumb how it doesnt tell you what the units are.

Mine was even harder, i had to convert the error which was in mils, (.105) then convert .105mils into MOA to get it to work right.... took me ages to figure that out :D

The custom click value in ballistic FTE is in MOA.... so simply put 0.24xxxxx in there and youll be set. Pretty dumb how it doesnt tell you what the units are.

Mine was even harder, i had to convert the error which was in mils, (.105) then convert .105mils into MOA to get it to work right.... took me ages to figure that out :D

We don't want to confuse the fella,

If he enters custom clicks in moa, they need to be .233 moa per click.
If he enters them as IPHY they need to be .244 inches per click.

I can imagine converting from Mils was even more difficult. I wish the scope makers would catch onto the fact that most shooters in America would prefer IPHY (both on clicks and on the holdovers in the reticles) would be soo much easier.

I felt quite stupid having to ask the question...but there's no form of manual for the Ballistic FTE program to explain if you have queries. I'm glad I'm not the only one to be a little frustrated with the program. It works great but sometimes takes a little guess work to figure out input values etc when you don't know what form they are supposed to take. I appreciate your input as it's answered a lot of questions for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.