How do I figure out the value of a rifle?

This site has a buy and sell. The issue you are going to have is "Trader Rating". If you do not have a trader history selling is going to be tough to do on line with remote buyers. You do have the option to deal with guys with extensive trader ratings, send the gun to their registered transfer agent and get paid on arrival at the transfer agent. Local guys will be fine because they are face to face. Gun show is another face to face option or consign at local gun shop, or sell at auction are going to be your main options.

eBay is viable but remember they are going to charge you a fee at the end of every month you sell something.

I wanted to post it on here but I don't have access to it.

We can only help you if you help yourself a little too. There is a sticky right at the top that explains it in detail.

Welcome to the Long Range Hunting Classifieds! I've written this guideline to help you understand and manage expectations for using this part of the LRH community.

All firearm transactions are subject to local, state, and federal laws. If you have questions, please visit https://www.atf.gov

As a member, you understand that we offer the classifieds as a free service to the community. As such you understand this service is a buyer's beware and if you do not accept this, you should not use this part of the community.

Why don't I have permission to post here?
The classified section of Long Range Hunting is just one part of the community. We ask that you make at least 10 posts, and have some interaction with the community in forums other than the classifieds before you can be approved to participate in the classifieds. We don't charge for the classifieds, but we would all love to get to know who we are dealing with. A great place to start is with an introduction about yourself. Feel free to start an intro thread here .

If you would like to upgrade your membership, become a LRH Team Member, and start posting in the classifieds right away, you can upgrade your membership here . It's a great way to support the site and let us know that you appreciate the opportunity to use the classifieds.

Tips for Buyers:

• Know what you are buying!
  • Ask for detailed pictures, recently taken, and with as much identifying information as possible.
  • Verify any contact information (besides just an email).
  • Know the value and condition before claiming an item.
  • Ask for an inspection period particularly if it's an expensive item.
  • Insist on trackable payments/shipping to verify where items are.
  • Use secure payment methods, Paypal, credit cards if possible.
  • Check to see if the user has any feedback ratings at the top of the thread posting.
  • Unless payment has been made, the item is not "claimed".
  • You can get a pretty good sense of someone's character on the phone.
  • Use our Buyers And Sellers Feedback forum - here.

Tips for Sellers:

• Include clear photos detailing condition and showing brand, model numbers, etc.
  • Never send an item without receiving a cleared payment.
  • Ensure your item travels well, so pack it up appropriately.
  • Get tracking on your shipment, and provide it to the buyer asap.
  • Always include shipping insurance in your posting.
  • Check to see if the user has any feedback ratings at the top of the thread posting.
  • Unless payment has been made, the item is not "claimed".
  • You can get a pretty good sense of someone's character on the phone.
  • Use our Buyers And Sellers Feedback forum - here.
  • Let users know if you are posting your listing on multiple sites.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
Andy Backus
Field Editor
LongRangeHunting.com

armslist az
i agree sell the parts, get what you can from the rifle
value of the action, maybe the stock if you know what it is
used bbl just hard to put value on...why would anyone sell a great shooting rifle ?
so the bbl is suspect right off the bat

armslist az for local
here for good buyer pool
used bbl just hard to put value on...why would anyone sell a great shooting rifle ?

armslist az
I'm selling to fund a Les Baer 1911 that is on my bucket list.

I'd sell the scope separately, along with rings, bipod, and trigger and reinstall the original trigger.
A friend bought the same gun in 300rum with 100 rounds through it, it came with brass and dies. Was bedded with brake installed by local gunsmith. He paid $700canadian for it.
He shot it some then resold it for more later on.

Best advice! Exactly what I would suggest.

I've been trying to sell a Stiller Action, Brux barrel, in a AI Chassis in .260 Rem and not having much luck. It's a sweet shooter. My thoughts are people are wanting the "parts & cartridge of the year" and everything else isn't worth much.

If you have an accurate load for that rifle you might try selling as a ready to shoot package. I don't see how parting out a gun like that will get you more.

From my point of view, if people don't want to pay a certain amount they can go have there own rifle built, pay the extra $1000+, and get it to shoot themselves. I'll just keep it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts