zeroing tactical turrets

outdooraddict

I dont know if you can but how do you reset your turrets back to zero after you have sighted in? I just put a 4200 elite on my 300rum and I had to move 2.5 moa windage and 1.5 moa elevation . just wondering if I have to remember that is zero or if the turrets will come off and reset back in the zero position. thanks for the help.

Once your rifle has been zeroed in, your tactical turrets can be moved to read zero "0" on both, elevation and windage.
Some have a single screw for which you use an allen wrench and others may be a little different but all tactical turrets do have a way for you to set them to zero without moving your impact point. Even low profile turrets like the ones on Weaver Grand Slams have a way by loosening 2 small screws on top, turn it to zero, hold it there and re-tighten the two small screws and you're in business.

+1 on Eaglet

all tactical turrets have some form of resetting to 0. Most of them it is some form of set screw in the knurled top portion of the turret, be it flat head or allen wrench. some it is a screw on the very top flat portion of the turret and you may have to loosen the screw and completely remove the turret and set it back down on the zero mark. just make sure that the actual turret doesnt click while you are doing this, if it does make sure you know which way it turned and click it back the other direction.

if you are having difficulty call or PM me

steve

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts