Zeroing the turrets on a Leupold VX-III

SWAT Medic

So I am very new to owning rifles and have never had to zero a scope before. I have a Leupold VX-III like the title says, and I just got it zeroed to 100 yds, but I can't seem to figure out how to zero the turrets???

If that makes sense. I bought it from a friend and it did not come with a manual, although I looked up the manual online. The pictures in the manual don't correspond to my scope. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I wonder if you could send it to Premier and have them zero it for you... :D

Just razzin'... inside thread hack joke, of sorts. :eek:

Okay, now to be serious...

Does your scope have target turrets or just the lower hunting turrets under the caps?

It has the low hunting turrets. There are cheesy gold rings at the bases with a notch...is that supposed to be spun around to the zero ? How is that supposed to stay still???

Would it be worth trying sending it in for custom turrets? Does anyone make aftermarket caps?

Thanks in advance.

They will stay still. You just spin that little dial and put the caps back on. Two of my hunting rifles have those and they never move. On my Long Range rigs I have Stoney Point turrets and they have held up pretty well. Factory turret replacement is the best way to go but it's expensive. Stoney Point turrets go for around $25. each.

If you are SWAT I'm almost positive you have marksmen/sharpshooters. Instead of asking for directions on the internet have one of those guys show you how to do it. Most LE marksmen are rifle nuts like most military Snipers I know and will know how to zero turrets.
Yes, having target knobs installed in well worth it. Be it the covered type or not.

Haha! The snipers on my team are stealthy...in everything they do. I don't have much interaction with them! Not to mention I'm out with a knee injury right now and just got the rifle set up. Still about four weeks away from getting off the DL.

Gotcha, I know what you mean. We are detached from our infantry bretherin as well. However, if I need advise from a medic I have ours on speed dial.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.