Zermatt Medium Action

Most likely will be a manners LRH, utilizing Hawkins Precision Medium bottom metal. I believe Standard AICS mags would be to short so I would need to use MDT XM Midlength magazines. MDT makes the XM magazines for both magnum and standard cartridge in 10 round configuration.

Similar situation here. Have a medium length origin that I have a 22" 7 mega chambered and shoots very well and going to be testing it on some deer shortly. But I do want a smaller cartridge to practice and hunt with that's not going to burn a barrel out fast at all. I think I have settled on 260 AI. Plenty of 260 brass from multiple manufacturers. Has a little more power than a creedmoor and can extend the freebore out some to seat bullets out past 3" with the medium length. Everyone that has one seems to love it, so I think that's the direction I'm going.

Going to try and swing by Zermatt tomorrow and see if they have received any feedback from shooters in similar situations.

Looking at the website for zermatt it appears the medium is cut for aics at 3.23" and follows long peak action screw spacing. So when looking for a stock/chassis I see XLR lists it, for example. MDT XM mag is a 300 wsm / 65prc mag only offered in a 10 rounder, according to their page. I've not yet modified a mdt mag to cut it shorter but I've pulled them apart to extend. I cannot see this being a difficult project to cut a mag down for 4-5 rounds. It's bizarre they only offer the mag in 10.

Now, there is a guy in Idaho, Kinport Peak Rifles, that makes a xm 4 rounder. 208-961-6932. Justin

MDT usually runs a pretty solid black Friday sale. I only have one of their .223 AICS 10 round magazines, but it feeds flawlessly in my short action origin.

Looking at the website for zermatt it appears the medium is cut for aics at 3.23" and follows long peak action screw spacing. So when looking for a stock/chassis I see XLR lists it, for example. MDT XM mag is a 300 wsm / 65prc mag only offered in a 10 rounder, according to their page. I've not yet modified a mdt mag to cut it shorter but I've pulled them apart to extend. I cannot see this being a difficult project to cut a mag down for 4-5 rounds. It's bizarre they only offer the mag in 10.

Now, there is a guy in Idaho, Kinport Peak Rifles, that makes a xm 4 rounder. 208-961-6932. Justin
I'm fairly handy and have some tools and think I could handle cutting down my own mag. Just trying to figure out pull it apart without ruining it. How does the bottom plate come off?

Spoke with the guys at Zermatt and it sounds like all reports they have heard there have been no issues feeding SA cartridges in the medium action.

Recent Posts