Medium Range Elk

Just curious, why the camoed out face? Is this a new thing? Is it fear of anti anti-hunters response? I once joined a hunting / magazine club kind of group that whited out any exposed skulls, skull plates, blood or anything on the kill site they felt was offensive on pictures they published. It was almost as if they were ashamed I'm showing what is part of the experience, harvesting game animals in an ethical way. I cancelled a magazine and the club membership. Mainly due to this reason but also because New Management raised the price. Perhaps in this not the case with your friend, he just doesn't want anybody to know who he is. I was wondering if it was because of California, the fact that he has to go back there to live and deal with anti Hunters. Some years ago I saw story where a famous female Hunter was ridiculed in the Press for posting pictures of her successful African hunt and harvests. Perhaps we've now moved into a period of our society where we need to be careful about publishing our image in hunting pictures. Thoughts from the members of this thread?
I agree SCI Anand a few others have become to politically correct. They have filled under pressure and gone away from what they were initially founded for.

That was a very well written and very good story to read. It definitely got my mind going I have to say.I still have to wait 5 1/2 months before I can Elk Hunt again but you definitely got my blood up on that story, thanks a lot.

Just curious, why the camoed out face? Is this a new thing? Is it fear of anti anti-hunters response? I once joined a hunting / magazine club kind of group that whited out any exposed skulls, skull plates, blood or anything on the kill site they felt was offensive on pictures they published. It was almost as if they were ashamed I'm showing what is part of the experience, harvesting game animals in an ethical way. I cancelled a magazine and the club membership. Mainly due to this reason but also because New Management raised the price. Perhaps in this not the case with your friend, he just doesn't want anybody to know who he is. I was wondering if it was because of California, the fact that he has to go back there to live and deal with anti Hunters. Some years ago I saw story where a famous female Hunter was ridiculed in the Press for posting pictures of her successful African hunt and harvests. Perhaps we've now moved into a period of our society where we need to be careful about publishing our image in hunting pictures. Thoughts from the members of this thread?
Because I found out this will be the last hunt I ever have with him due to some health issues. I felt the need to tell the story of his achievement while he could read it. Because I posted the story without his consent or permission and I didn't feel that I should post his face.

Congrats to both of you!!!!
It was an extremely lucky shot on the elk. Few shooters can shoot the same point of impact with someone else's weapon due to differences in shouldering and head position.
I guided hunts for 17 years and the best memories I have from those days are the stories. You and your buddy have a good one to keep and share.
Congrats again!
I know. I agree. I had the intentions of having him put a few rounds through the rifle prior to hunting. It just didn't work out that way. It was a "grand slam" in the 9th inning, 2 outs, 2 strikes, no balls, bases loaded, down by three...…. But it worked out. And it was awesome.

I know. I agree. I had the intentions of having him put a few rounds through the rifle prior to hunting. It just didn't work out that way. It was a "grand slam" in the 9th inning, 2 outs, 2 strikes, no balls, bases loaded, down by three...…. But it worked out. And it was awesome.
Been there done that buddy, to many times!
Great hunt, one that neither of you will ever forget.
When you've done this stuff for as long as I have, if you're lucky, you build up a store of those exceptional hunts. It may not have ended in talking the biggest baddest critter in the woods, it is the circumstances, the people and the challenge that makes the memory special.
Keep it up!!!
Thanks again for sharing!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.