Zeiss V6 vs Swarovski Z6

Despotes

On paper, the Zeiss has great specs as far as glass that's used "T* six-layer mult-coatings, FL (fluoride) lenses throughout, 92% light transmission..., but I frequently read stories of inconsistent optical performance with this scope which seems odd with a scope of these specs. The Zeiss V6 reminds me of the older Diavari FL scopes, but the V6 is merely a "Conquest". ?
Swarovski apparently gave up on marketing since I can't find much on the optical specs for their Z6 line. I read the glass used depends on the specific model in the Z6 line. The 2.5-15X56 is the only one that says it uses "HD" optics in the objective. does that mean ED glass or is this merely marketing speak? This also has 91% light transmission vs the rest of the Z6 line which has 90%.
Which has the better overall sharpness, contrast resolution and low light performance?

I have a Swarovski Z6 3-18x50 and that Zeiss or any Zeiss will not come close optically for clarity or low light image of the Swarovski. I have had several high end German produced Zeiss scopes and they did not even come close to the Swarovski.

Besides, the latest revelation about the Zeiss internal memo will keep me from ever owning another.

There are several options listed on Sport Optics site,

Last edited:
I have a Swarovski Z6 3-18x50 and that Zeiss or any Zeiss will not come close optically for clarity or low light image of the Swarovski. I have had several high end German produced Zeiss scopes and they did not even come close to the Swarovski.

Besides, the latest revelation about the Zeiss internal memo will keep me from ever owning another.

There are several options listed on Sport Optics site,

Internal memo? Have they gone woke too?
Update: Just found it. Wow. No more Zeiss for me.
"No adjustable cheekpiece"????????? Did Nancy Pelosi write that memo?

You will not regreta Swarovski, mine has the BT turret system, I have repeatedly dialed out and back, tracks perfectly. Last part of season here, we shot does from 140yds to over 300yds with head shots, this one thru the eye at a little over 140yds. The others were too nasty to take pictures of.

B577937F-5891-4210-AA09-4C227A005FCF.jpeg

I can't think of a faster way to turn out the lights and maximize the amount of meat for the freezer.

Seems like that is paying the utmost respect.

And if I ever accused you, please accept my apologies!
Didn't you get all offended about a guy killing a porcupine recently..

I kill'm all on sight, when I park my truck 25 miles deep in the mountains. They will chew on most anything. Can't risk the damage to the truck.

On paper, the Zeiss has great specs as far as glass that's used "T* six-layer mult-coatings, FL (fluoride) lenses throughout, 92% light transmission..., but I frequently read stories of inconsistent optical performance with this scope which seems odd with a scope of these specs. The Zeiss V6 reminds me of the older Diavari FL scopes, but the V6 is merely a "Conquest". ?
Swarovski apparently gave up on marketing since I can't find much on the optical specs for their Z6 line. I read the glass used depends on the specific model in the Z6 line. The 2.5-15X56 is the only one that says it uses "HD" optics in the objective. does that mean ED glass or is this merely marketing speak? This also has 91% light transmission vs the rest of the Z6 line which has 90%.
Which has the better overall sharpness, contrast resolution and low light performance?
No, the Z series is definitely not a Conquest. I don't own any Z6's but I have shot some and have owned several Conquests, they are definitely not the same glass.

As for the light transmission percentages, you don't want 100% light transmission. Some of the coatings are specifically designed to block out certain wave lengths to reduce glare, enhance certain colors for better target ID and to reduce such things as mirage.

The best thing you can do would be to find some way to look through each of them on both bright sunny days and cloudy days or early morning/evening sun since all can significantly affect optics if there's any way possible.

I kill'm all on sight, when I park my truck 25 miles deep in the mountains. They will chew on most anything. Can't risk the damage to the truck.
Never had a porcupine problem with trucks or equipment but our pack rats will eat the wires off of a pickup before it even cools down if they get to it.