Zeiss V6 vs NF SHV vs Leupold VX6HD

Thanks for all the comments here guys, I went to the store yesterday and looked at both and took them outside to look several hundred yards. Honestly, the turrets were great, the size and feel of the scopes are great - but I just wasn't very impressed overall. I couldn't get either perfectly focused for my eyes.

I did look at a Razor AMG as well, now that is a fine precision instrument there...of course, for 2x the price of these scopes - I'd hope so.
did you adjust the reticle? its funny you mention this. both the v6 and v4 I looked at, when I was at cabelas were about as far out of focus as you could get. I had to adjust that right away. once I got that squared away both were great.

oh yah, reticle was perfectly adjusted, the detail in the glass I just couldn't ever get quite like I wanted it - reminds me of my HD5 conquest that I used to have. It's all relative but I wasn't that impressed. I think the VX6 glass is better

I did look at a Razor AMG as well, now that is a fine precision instrument there...of course, for 2x the price of these scopes - I'd hope so.[/QUOTE]

I have heard good things about the Razor AMG but for that much money I would get a march Scope IMO

Talking with Red hawk rifles who are dealers of Zeiss, Swarovski, NF said the glass on the Zeiss V4 and V6 are the same, both are schott glass,

I don't consider the SHV an option here. After owning several Nighforces and cursing at all of them for some reason or another, I've concluded that Nightforce and I don't get along well.

The Zeiss V6 3-18 and the VX-6HD are great options for a LR carry rifle, and for me, it would come down to what looks better to your eye. I've only recently used the Zeiss V6 so I don't have data over time, but it has been solid so far. I've got enough confidence to take it Dall Sheep hunting next month. For Leupold, I've been dialing my VX-6HD 4-24x52 for over a year and several hundred shots on two separate 300 WMs without any problems. I'd be fine flipping a coin between these two.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.