Zeiss vs Swarovski

I own two Z5's, 3,5-18x42 in BRX for target shooting/LRH on a 308, and BRH on an 8x68 for hunting in the kalahari. I also have a Z3 in 3,5-10x42 on an 8x60 for bushveld hunting. Great scopes, would not consider anything else after 40years of hunting in Africa and oodles of different scopes over the years! BRH with darker reticle lines much preferred over BRX on hunting rifle. BRX nice for target shooting.
Regards
Johan Wessels

There is better glass out there than NF for less money... Kahles for example, although their tactical line is priced up there with S&B, USO, and March.

NF makes excellent scopes, and I want one myself, but facts are facts.

Never owed a Kahles but I've got Zeiss and Swaro. and the 4 NF's I've got work better for what I use them for than the Zeiss or Swaro. But like I say I own all three and can give my opinion of what works best for me and hunting where I hunt, but thats what I do is hunt and guide.

I would listen to your salesman and at least look into the Vortex, I own NF, Swaro, Zeiss, Kahles Vortex and Leupold, The Vortex are hard to beat, Price, quality and warranty. I now own 3 of the Viper PST's.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I went with the Swarovski 4x12x50 for the 35, and picked up the Zeiss HD5 2x10 rapid Z600 for another gun, the store was really busy and I felt rushed, my reticle in the Zeiss kinda fades though, like bold 4, but 5 and 6 are progressively etched lighter, it that normal?

Thanks for all the suggestions, I went with the Swarovski 4x12x50 for the 35, and picked up the Zeiss HD5 2x10 rapid Z600 for another gun, the store was really busy and I felt rushed, my reticle in the Zeiss kinda fades though, like bold 4, but 5 and 6 are progressively etched lighter, it that normal?

My rapid z-1000 does not fade as I go down it. You can call Zeiss and they will tell you if that is common or not. Mine seems to be the same thickness all the way down.

i was looking at getting a rapid z but will end up getting the standard zplex and just dial up and down (im having a 20 moa rail installed on my rifle right now). do you like the clarity and quality of the zeiss? thanks

My rapid z-1000 does not fade as I go down it. You can call Zeiss and they will tell you if that is common or not. Mine seems to be the same thickness all the way down.

I was afraid of that, I'll try to get back down this weekend and compare, thanks for your response, The clarity and brightness is really good on the Zeiss,- at least to my eyes-

Update on the Zeiss 2x10x42, I returned to the store because of the "lighter" etching on the 5 and 6 of the rapid Z- however the other one they had available was the exact same, so I guess that's how it is on that model, the 3x15's Rapid Z was much bolder all the way down the scale.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.