Zeiss v4 vs leupold and Swarovski

I bought Leupold for many years at least 10 scopes for my rifles, one day my buddy said " A Zeiss can get you in trouble cuz after shooting hours are over you can still see well through it, I looked through his scope and was blown away, i have compared Leupold to Zeiss well after sunset, through Leupold you can make out Buck and antlers are blurry, through ZEISS, BIG Difference you can count the tines clearly ill never waste money on Leupold again!!!e

How do you like the Swarovski z5 inc omparioson to the zeiss. I'm leaning towards the Swarovski. I like their reticle more too.
After buying Zeiss Ill never spend money again on Leupold, Zeiss SUPERIOR Zeiss will get you in trouble after shooting hours are done

I'm new to this forum so I've possibly put this in the wrong place. Anyhow, I'm currently building a 30 nosler and final step is topping her off with a scope. I want a scope that isnt too heavy but can pull off the odd 1000 yard gong shot, however primarily it will be a tops hunting scope. I have been considering the zeiss 6-24x50, the vx6 3-18 if I can find a used one, or a vx5 3-15 ( might be a little low on magnification) what is everyone's thoughts and are there any other recommendations? I want best quality glass really
Single point opinion. I have been using a VX6 HD 4-24x52 with the illuminated TMOA reticle on my long range rifle for 5 years now. I believe the VX6 reticles are all illuminated. It has worked perfectly doing a lot of dialing for elevation and wind. I shoot a lot steel in the wild country and at Ben Avery's Frank DeSomma range, so a lot of dialing, not just on field shots. Last year I trained my wife to shoot with this scope once a week for 4 months at the Frank DeSomma range for an African Safari and it tracked perfect. At first, I didn't know if I'd like the TMOA reticle, but the open center is great for both near and long range shots. The V6 Zeiss is a very good scope, I think the newer ones have been upgraded with locking turrets, but you will need to check that. Locking turrets, power, and weight were my 3 main requirements in a hunting scope when I purchased 4 years ago. I think the main difference you will notice is the lens coating differences in the Zeiss and the Leupold. You will need to decide which color enhancements you like better. The Zeiss seems to be angled towards cool color spectrum and the Leupold coatings are more towards the warmer spectrum. I think the Zeiss has a Fluoride element which will minimize color fringing. I usually don't worry about color fringing in scopes but in binos its super important. I know from use the VX6 HD reduces sun glare more than any scope I've ever used. I attribute this to the HD elements in the lens system. There is a massive difference in this aspect as compared to 2000 vintage VX3s I also have.

This is a nice V6 review - but its several years old

I have a zeiss v4 4-16x44 60 illuminated on a 700p 300 win mag that'll reach 1000 no problem. The glass is great and love the simple reticle. It tracks accurate and I'm mainly a leupold guy. I would go zeiss if the weight isn't a concern. All my lightweight hunting rifles have Leupold.

I'm new to this forum so I've possibly put this in the wrong place. Anyhow, I'm currently building a 30 nosler and final step is topping her off with a scope. I want a scope that isnt too heavy but can pull off the odd 1000 yard gong shot, however primarily it will be a tops hunting scope. I have been considering the zeiss 6-24x50, the vx6 3-18 if I can find a used one, or a vx5 3-15 ( might be a little low on magnification) what is everyone's thoughts and are there any other recommendations? I want best quality glass really

I've tried a ton of scopes and many Leupod's including the VX6-4-24 which I love but the 3-18x is all the scope I need to shoot anything coyote size or bigger at any range I'm willing to pull the trigger.

I like Leupold, their service and the made in America aspect; however, their glass takes a back a seat to some other optics one of which is Zeiss.

I own S&B PM II and a 6x, a Leupold mk6 1-6 in addition to Nightforce and 2 Vortex AMGs. Each of my scopes are selected for a specific purpose and I have been happy with all of them.

Keep in mind one of the most important aspect of the scope, in the field, is durability. If you like the made in America thing consider the Vortex AMG.

What level of Zeiss glass are we talking about? I own a Conquest V4 and Leupold VX5HDs. For riflescopes, the glass in the VX5HD/VX6HD is better than the V4 Conquest to my eyes in all light levels. The Zeiss blurs out further from the edge than the Leupolds and the Leupold coatings make the view brighter than my Conquest V4 in low light.

Binoculars is a different story. Zeiss Conquest and Victory glass is better than the Leupold binocular glass.

I have the VX6 in 4-24x52 and 3.5-18x50 and they are more than adequate for anything bigger than a coyote at any range I would be willing to pull the trigger. The VX5 3-15 should be more than adequate magnification for anything deer size and larger out to a thousand.

You only "need" more if you're using your rifle scope for a spotting scope and even then it's questionable as to just how much of a "need" that really is.

What level of Zeiss glass are we talking about? I own a Conquest V4 and Leupold VX5HDs. For riflescopes, the glass in the VX5HD/VX6HD is better than the V4 Conquest to my eyes in all light levels. The Zeiss blurs out further from the edge than the Leupolds and the Leupold coatings make the view brighter than my Conquest V4 in low light.

Binoculars is a different story. Zeiss Conquest and Victory glass is better than the Leupold binocular glass.
Agreed
I had a v4 and it was noticeably darker and more distorted in lowlight than my vx5.
Unfortunately I've had reliability issues with both