ZEISS Introduces The All-New Conquest V4 Family of Riflescopes

The V4's are made in Japan.

Why put illuminated reticles on the V4's but not the V6's?

Don't know for sure but with the V6 being a higher end scope than the V4 they were trying to keep the V6 at a more affordable price. The illuminated reticle would have added even more cost to an already somewhat expensive scope. That is what I heard.

I looked at the zeiss v6, v4, and V8 scopes today. holy crap very very impressed with the v4, the view through the scope is almost like your not looking through a scope the edge is just so thin around the view. I have never seen a scope quite like it. I was told the scope is japan assembled with german parts and jap glass in the japanese factory.

the v6 is mostly the same internals but with schott glass. also assembled in japan. for what its worth I didn't really like the v6, it has much more of a tunneled view than the v4 does. the only thing I wish they did was offer a 3-12 model with the turrets, instead of making you NOT get a turret and having to go with 56mm objective. I would probably buy one. the 4-16 is very easy to get behind and has a CDS style zero stop and covered windage turret.

the thing about these is I don't know if they are better than other offerings in regards to how they do mechanically, the V4 is very very easy to get behind, it takes alot to impress me and this scope die. The good thing though is its zeiss. so you shouldn't take a beating at resale like you do with sale vortex, or the other various phillipino assembled optics.

Anyone know how the glass compares to the HD5's? Seems like it is the same price range but doesn't have the 5x zoom feature. I'm thinking of getting one so I can have a ZMOA reticle and some more windage adjustments.

Awesome giveaway! I would love to try the 3-12x56 model with an illuminated reticle on my rifle.

I looked at the zeiss v6, v4, and V8 scopes today. holy crap very very impressed with the v4, the view through the scope is almost like your not looking through a scope the edge is just so thin around the view. I have never seen a scope quite like it. I was told the scope is japan assembled with german parts and jap glass in the japanese factory.

the v6 is mostly the same internals but with schott glass. also assembled in japan. for what its worth I didn't really like the v6, it has much more of a tunneled view than the v4 does. the only thing I wish they did was offer a 3-12 model with the turrets, instead of making you NOT get a turret and having to go with 56mm objective. I would probably buy one. the 4-16 is very easy to get behind and has a CDS style zero stop and covered windage turret.

the thing about these is I don't know if they are better than other offerings in regards to how they do mechanically, the V4 is very very easy to get behind, it takes alot to impress me and this scope die. The good thing though is its zeiss. so you shouldn't take a beating at resale like you do with sale vortex, or the other various phillipino assembled optics.

Just a quick note, the V6 has an upgraded glass type (compared to V4) with Schott Fluorite lenses, making it stronger for keeping colors sharp and your target resolute for longer range shots. The V6 is also Made In Germany, not Japan like the V4.

But the V4 is definitely quite a value for a scope priced in the $800-1200 range.

Anyone know how the glass compares to the HD5's? Seems like it is the same price range but doesn't have the 5x zoom feature. I'm thinking of getting one so I can have a ZMOA reticle and some more windage adjustments.

The V4 has a slightly better glass type than HD5 but the V4's generous eye box and field of view make it appear quite a bit brighter to my eyes. The V4's 80 MOA in elevation adjustment is a nice improvement over the HD5, too.

Just one nit pick
I love my HD5 3-15
I think it is 44mm objective?
With my short neck, a 50 or 56mm does not work for me unless i have an adjustable comb on the stock.

While this might not affect normal body shapes as much as it does for me, it is a consideration for compact neck guys.

Where can I buy up a few HD5's?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.