Zeiss Conquest

Ryan55555

I have been looking at a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20 X 50 with the #43 mildot reticle to put on my recently purchased varmint gun (Rem. Model 700 VS SF II in a .204).

I am new to this long range stuff and wanting to learn with this smaller caliber, it is much cheaper to practice with.

I am interested in the Zeiss Conquest line of scopes, what are some of your thoughts on these compared to the VXIII and the Nikon Monarch X or the Bushnell 4200? I think that I can find the Zeiss for ~ $700.

Any good or bad experiences with these?

Any other recomendations for approx. the same cost?

Thanks for any input.

My opinion, I believe that the Zeiss Conquest is an outstanding scope and is optically better than the Leupold VX-III, Nikon Monarch and the Bushnell Elite 4200. I personally would take it over the other 3.

I own all three and I agree with Jon, the Zeiss is the one to pick. I have compared my Nikon and Leupold with the Zeiss at targets. The Zeiss easily wins in regards to resolution and light gathering in the evening. I have the duplex reticle and the crosshairs are thicker than the fine plex from Leupold. I have not used the mil-dot. I bought mine from the Optic Zone.

I'm in the same boat as Ryan.

How many MOA w/the Zeiss?

I'm pretty much down to the VX-III LRT 6.5-20X50 and
the Zeiss 6.5-20x50 w/the #4 ret.

Its down to the differences in turrets and amount of adjustment. The VX-III has plenty of adj. and good turrets.

I don't know about the Zeiss??????????

I agree that the Zeiss Conquest is optically superior to the Leupold VX3. There is really no comparison in light transmission.

I can't speak to the comparison with the Nikon or Bushnell Elite.

I would respect TheOpticZone's comments. Jon sells and looks through a lot of scopes.

I have that exact scope on my FN SPR. BUY IT! the glass is the best of the three. the scope has 45 moa of adjustment, the Leupold has more, but you could just get a 20 moa base. the knobs are nice and clean not to stiff. and the scope has 3.5 inches of eye relief. I got mine at camera land.
SPRcutslim.jpg

This is the scope to buy for your rig. The Duplex reticle is a little heavy for what I would want in varmit rig though. Great low light perfrormance! I have mine on a 257 Weatherby I use for deer and antelope and anything else that is in season when afield. I purchased mine from Alex Roy at EuroOptics LTD great service next day delivery.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.